Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
53,226 Posts
Bob88con said:
I think I would be looking for a loose caliper or maybe a bad brake pad. Not something you want to fool around with, if you hear and feel it, most likely something is not right. ;)
A clunk? Hmm.... is doesn't seem easy for one of the two caliper bolts to back out enough (lots of threads) where the caliper would lift away from the rotor on one end or the other. Not sure about that.

Even so, I'm not sure you'd get a clunk anyway while braking. Seems you'd more likely hear the clunk when hitting a bump in the road.

I suspect it's possibly another issue that is exagerated when the weight shifts to the front of the car while braking. But not necessarily the brakes themselves.

·
Premium Member
53,226 Posts
brock71 said:
Well, My son asn I investigated it futher. It appears the left side brake is making the clunk. Looks like the pads are misssing the anti-rattle spring on one end.
And that made a clunk? I would have thought that'd be more of a whack/clack sound. Interesting.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.