Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
43,330 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
OldDog's thread about Onstar got me thinking about how our cars could be stolen- I locked both key fobs in my '07 (yes, it is very easy to do when the dealer changes the lock setting to passive-silent setting without you knowing...asshole!!!) Anyway, that C6 didn't have onstar and so a locksmith had to open the door- which was alot easier to do than I had imagined- all he needed was a $69.99 kit and a flashlight. It took him a few minutes but he was being careful not to damage the car...I can imagine how easy and quick it would be for a criminal who doesn't care about the car to steal it. The horn/alarm sounded but that would be easy enough to defeat if they knew what they were doing plus no one pays any attention to them anyway...

I guess one of the good things about Onstar is that it can locate the car, and I imagine, if you tell them it was stolen, they can shut it down in a safe place.

A
I am locked out!!! i didnt receive a trunk key and car isn't recognizing fobs.....battery is new in car and FOBs
what is this kit you speak of?
thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don’t know the only real issues I’ve had with mine are the shifter and the harmonic balancer.
Yep the shifter is annoying …. Take it apart and shave this shave that…. And then traction control intermittently comes on…..the gauge cluster fk ….
Fill it up with gas and the gauges go wild for a little while
Mine is an 05’ so I’m sure they worked some of the kinks out after the first year
Just want this pig gone and move on to the c8
Super excited

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
Well glad your dream is coming true. I too was a blue collar grunt. My C6 is kinda of a dream come true for me. I think my wife wanted more though. Post pics when it arrives and above all enjoy the fruits of your labor.

·
Registered
26 Posts
OldDog's thread about Onstar got me thinking about how our cars could be stolen- I locked both key fobs in my '07 (yes, it is very easy to do when the dealer changes the lock setting to passive-silent setting without you knowing...asshole!!!) Anyway, that C6 didn't have onstar and so a locksmith had to open the door- which was alot easier to do than I had imagined- all he needed was a $69.99 kit and a flashlight. It took him a few minutes but he was being careful not to damage the car...I can imagine how easy and quick it would be for a criminal who doesn't care about the car to steal it. The horn/alarm sounded but that would be easy enough to defeat if they knew what they were doing plus no one pays any attention to them anyway...

I guess one of the good things about Onstar is that it can locate the car, and I imagine, if you tell them it was stolen, they can shut it down in a safe place.

A
That was covered by roadside assistance wasn't it??

21 - 31 of 31 Posts