Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
They sent the wrong color calipers …. And instead of just sending new calipers they are sending a 2023 and should be here in 2 months ….. crazy man
And and yeah I’ll find it and smash it with a hammer
Lol

·
Registered
07 C-6, A & A S/C, ported and polished heads, ZO6 cam
3 Posts
I accidentally locked the car with the FOB in the "trunk.", and was sure thankful I was home at the time.....opened the car with the other FOB......and haven't made that mistake again. That made me decide to do the Hide-a-key...

·
Registered
15 Posts
OldDog's thread about Onstar got me thinking about how our cars could be stolen- I locked both key fobs in my '07 (yes, it is very easy to do when the dealer changes the lock setting to passive-silent setting without you knowing...asshole!!!) Anyway, that C6 didn't have onstar and so a locksmith had to open the door- which was alot easier to do than I had imagined- all he needed was a $69.99 kit and a flashlight. It took him a few minutes but he was being careful not to damage the car...I can imagine how easy and quick it would be for a criminal who doesn't care about the car to steal it. The horn/alarm sounded but that would be easy enough to defeat if they knew what they were doing plus no one pays any attention to them anyway...

I guess one of the good things about Onstar is that it can locate the car, and I imagine, if you tell them it was stolen, they can shut it down in a safe place.

A
it wont lock the car when the FOB's are in it. Does it just do it anyways sometimes?

41 - 57 of 57 Posts