Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had trouble w/ breaking Snap-on wrenches, I've broke 3 in the last 6 weeks. And boy, their sockets wear out to the point of being useless. I hate getting this stuff warrantied when I haven't got an open account w/ them anymore.

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
the only snap-on tools i can remember ever breaking or wearing out over the last 15 years have been my air ratchets....but i am so very hard on them. maybe they had a bad production lot....i would get with someone in customer service at the corporate level.

·
Registered
476 Posts
never had a problem with mine. I bought one of their new dual 80 1/4" ratchets from my dealer and it was defective(the ball was seized and wouldnt let anything attach) and he gave me a new one on the spot. Never had a problem with their sockets, but as said before it could be a bad run or something they came in contact with weakend them?.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The wrenches are long combination wrenches, they are called high performance wrenches or something like that. They are very long & the box ends are thin to get into tight spaces. I can tell when they crack at the box end, because that is what it sounds like. And I didn't use a cheater pipe.

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
ooo yea those. if memory serves correctly, those are not the high strength that the flank drive/flank drive plus wrenches are because of their extra thin/slim profile. I had a set of flank drive plus wrenches, traded them in for the matco pro-swing wratcheting double box wrenches which are omg by far the best wrench I have ever used

1 - 5 of 5 Posts