Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guy up the street from me in Jersey owns a '65. It's been parked in his driveway for over 5 years without ever moving it or even starting it. He had it covered the first year with a table cloth and clothes pins and that set up lasted about 1 week. I approached him 3 years ago and asked him if he was willing to sell it. He gave me a look as if he just found out I was having sex with his wife and in a pissed off voice replied "Do you see a for sale sign on it"! I replied with a kind [email protected]*k You A**hole.

Last time I saw it the paint was faded (Nassau Blue I believe), The back window on the removable hardtop was yellowed out, all 4 tires were flat, the left muffler was sitting on the ground (rust took its toll). Most likely all the rubber on the car is shot from dry rott, along with the interior from mildew

It appears to me that this guy has no idea whats wasting away in his driveway. I'm sorry to say, but I think this once great looking ride is heading for the junk yard.:(

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Crazy.

But, there are lots of cars out there that are in better shape to destroy. I know if my neighbor had a '73 red coupe in his back yard on milk crates with 4 feet of grass around it, that'd I'd want to make him an offer. Not because I want the car, but that it's no way to treat a Corvette!:laughing:

·
Registered
990 Posts
must be a ford man:laughing:

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
The body will be a parts car, the rest scrap metal.

Some people, and we all know at least one, believe everything they own is worth a fortune. This guy must be one of them. Maybe he's planning on selling it as his retirement fund.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
That is a shame!!!
Why not try again.... or is it to far gone???

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
For the life if me I can't understand why people like that even buy a car, just to let it sit in their driveway. He obviously does'nt know what he has, and if he does, he's a damn fool. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
990 Posts
WELCOME...Hardcorvette, glad you could join us:buhbye:

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
I hate to see that. Here is a car someone could be enjoying and this guy will just let it rot away.:(

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
84 GRANDSPORT said:
The guy sounds like a tool.....since its the holiday season maybe he is hurting on $ & you could rob it from him!:surprised
That's what I was thinking. Just steal it!

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
JCswm said:
That is a shame!!!
Why not try again.... or is it to far gone???
It's to far gone for me now. If I could have picked it up 3 years ago all it would have needed was a cleaning and probably a battery.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts