Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
I just saw a breathing screw on my floor jack... what's that for? :huh:
That's funny, I've got one last week, as a gift,,,, to carry with me, when I was jacking the vette up, with each pump, it would go up and down,,, so I looked closely at the jack, there was a breathing screw, loosened it and the jack started working again. :rolling:

Guess it will need to be closed before taking it anywhere...

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
Maybe it's an additional screw to bleed the air side of the hydr. cylinder, to lower the jack in case you pulled the handle out and can;t get it in there because the lever sprung back and is sticking straight up...maybe....dunno...just guessing LOL, never seen one of them fancy screws :D

·
Registered
517 Posts
It's so that pressure changes in the hydraulic mechanisms (due to heat, atmosphere, foaming from repeated fast use, that type of stuff) won't affect the operation of the jack, like causing it to raise or lower on its own. It keeps a balanced & neutral atmosphere inside it.
At least that's what I was told.
Sounds good to me.
I dunno.
:lookinup:

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Someone PM'd me and told me a breathing screw is when you are nailing your girlfriend and she doesn't hold her breath. :huh:

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
well then, good thing it's not a pussy fart screw :rolling: :rolling:

·
Registered
517 Posts
Someone PM'd me and told me a breathing screw is when you are nailing your girlfriend and she doesn't hold her breath. :huh:

Dammit here I was holding myself from making a smartass comment like that out of respect for this forum and #1 pops it out!!!
:smack

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dammit here I was holding myself from making a smartass comment like that out of respect for this forum and #1 pops it out!!!
:smack
On a forum where you can say "****" ... why on earth did you think you needed to hold back? :rolling:

·
Registered
517 Posts
Well that's what she's always telling me to do.....

PS Patrick, did you get my e-mail?

·
Registered
19,914 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
the bleeder screw is just inside the opening of the funnel-jet...be careful. Hell of a thrust coming your way so be ready!!:devil:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts