Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The cartoonists James Hudnall and Batton Lash, who collaborate on a political cartoon every week for BigGovernment.com, defended their work.

"We find the 'do as I say, not as I do' approach of the Obamas hypocritical and ripe for ridicule. The First Lady seeks to enforce healthy eating on the nation, while indulging on snacks in public appearances," said Lash, pointing to the recent White House Superbowl menu, which included deep-dish pizza and buffalo wings.

"The true measure of success of any political cartoon is how it effects the other side in the argument," Hudnall added. "Apparently, this one was a home run."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...y_mocking_her_antiobesity_.html#ixzz1E3kSeNjS

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
:laughing:

"The true measure of success of any political cartoon is how it effects the other side in the argument," Hudnall added. "Apparently, this one was a home run." :thumbsup:

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
I don't like the cartoon. I understand what they are trying to say, but IMO it is not helpful to any cause to belittle the first lady. As for Dune's article, I just don't get this everlasting wish on the part of the food movement to go
to smaller organic farms. Are we going to feed the world or are we going farm 40 acre plots with a mule and a plow? We can't do both. I'm glad small organic farms exist for those who are turned on by the process. But it doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that if you are going to feed a world approaching 8 billion people, someone is going to have to do large scale scientific farming. We're pretty good at that in the U.S., and it's good for our trade deficit. Why would we want to work to end it? Crazy leftists.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
anti-obesity is not the true goal......
True goal? Of course not.

The true goal is more gubmint control.

How does this relate to My Belle's "do as I say not as I do" personna? The cartoon was pointing this out, not the hidden agenda.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
anti-obesity is not the true goal......

Of course it's not... unless they plan to change genetic dispositions with home grown fruits and vegetables. These people are so stinking board with their lives... that they feel they must invoke a purpose in everybody else. Constantly creating victims in order to find purpose in their own lives... and thereby, ours. It's not enough to simply plant a garden in your own backyard (as though this has not been going on since the dawn of time)... but it must be advertised and accolade-ed, to and by their peers. This is how they define self worth. Create and make aware -a problem, designate a victim, champion a cause, throw a fundraiser, get your picture in the paper... and allow the back padding and accolades to come in.

You now have worth among those that value these things as purpose.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Of course it's not... unless they plan to change genetic dispositions with home grown fruits and vegetables. These people are so stinking board with their lives... that they feel they must invoke a purpose in everybody else. Constantly creating victims in order to find purpose in their own lives... and thereby, ours. It's not enough to simply plant a garden in your own backyard (as though this has not been going on since the dawn of time)... but it must be advertised and accolade-ed, to and by their peers. This is how they define self worth. Create and make aware -a problem, designate a victim, champion a cause, throw a fundraiser, get your picture in the paper... and allow the back padding and accolades to come in.

You now have worth among those that value these things as purpose.
You left out the part about getting rich off the scam. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Of course....

Just like all the armchair quarterbacking in the the dc newsroom here.....:agree:

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Of course....

Just like all the armchair quarterbacking in the the dc newsroom here.....:agree:

I keep the arm-chairing to a minimum. Rather, preferring to make guys like you, aware of how it really is.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts