Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
5,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have most all the Corvette C6 Monobloc GT kits in stock and ready to roll out...On sale and free shipping....

This is the perfect "little something" you can help your wife choose for you for Christmas. Of course, from your wife, for you, and let her get credit for the great idea ;).

The Corvette C6 Brembo GT Monobloc kits are the ultimate in stopping power. Sure, the brakes on the Vette are good from the factory, but the Brembo kits take appearance and braking to a whole new level.

more info and pricing at the links below...

Corvette C6 Z06 and Grand Sport Front Brembo GT Brake Kit

Corvette C6 Z06 and Grand Sport Rear Brembo GT Brake Kit

Corvette C6 and Z51 Brembo GT Front Brake Kit

Corvette C6 and Z51 Brembo GT Rear Brake Kit

Let me know if you have questions......

Jim:cheers:

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
What country are they made in

Canada or Italy ? or ??

·
Supporting Vendor
5,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are the spec of the brake kit the same as stock? Can i use the factory wheels with no clearing problems
The Z06 has 18" wheels on the front and 19" on the rear. As a general rule, the biggest rotors you can fit under a wheels is 4" less then the wheels size. So, given this, on the Z06 that would be a 14" (365mm) on the front and 15"(345mm) on the rear.

You also have to keep in mind the thickness of the calipers also greatly increases by about an 1" over the stock caliper systems. Another general rule is that if you can fit 2 fingers between your stock calipers and current wheels spokes, then the Brembo system will fit behind your OEM wheels without issue. This is not as critical because if they do hit the spokes, a 2-4mm 50 dollar a pair wheel spacer is put in place which solves everything.

I do know for the Z06, the above mentioned rotors fit perfect on the rear and on the front, but the front require a 4mm spacer.

Most folks who do the Brakes also do the wheels now or a some point the in near future, to lower unsprung mass and to compliment the brakes (down the "mod" wormhole we go ;)) ....usually the wheels that are chosen and bigger then stock, so a spacer and most of these concerns are no longer valid once you upgrade the wheels.

Hope this helps....

We just opened a Brembo GT Big Brake Upgrade Center that has the Brembo Monobloc kits for the C6 and C5 Corvettes, along with the Challenger, Camaro, and Viper...

Check it out, we only show the kits that are specific for each car. I also think we have the best prices on the net with free shipping (every kit for every car on sale)...

Thanks,

Jim:cheers:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts