Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Only green will do...
Joined
·
18,388 Posts
I would leave that to the professionals a little too dangerous IMO
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
959 Posts
some (or all) of those chemicals can be nasty stuff.....type Rockett brand racing fuel into your browser and do a dealer search.....mixing race gas with premium....thats a good idea.
...redvetracr

PS: yes I use Rockett brand in my race car, it`s made by the people who used to make Union 76 race gas......(yes two tt`s in Rockett)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes i had read in another site where the F1 racers used an 80% mix of Toulene and the other 20% was a filler cant remember what it was though. it had talked about where they had got the formula from the Honda team and i think Mercedes.

the site had also said you can go to any paint store and purchase Toulene since it is used as a paint thinner. found out that it is also the main ingredient in off the shelf Octane Boosters, the good ones any way.
as far as a reaction problem, as long as you mix with pump gas their is no problem.
what do you think is it worth a try?:devil:
 

·
Only green will do...
Joined
·
18,388 Posts
you let us know looks as though your vette can handle it nice ride:thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,916 Posts
yes i had read in another site where the F1 racers used an 80% mix of Toulene and the other 20% was a filler cant remember what it was though. it had talked about where they had got the formula from the Honda team and i think Mercedes.

the site had also said you can go to any paint store and purchase Toulene since it is used as a paint thinner. found out that it is also the main ingredient in off the shelf Octane Boosters, the good ones any way.
as far as a reaction problem, as long as you mix with pump gas their is no problem.
what do you think is it worth a try?:devil:
Toulene+Xylene+MEK+Heptane+Methanol+Ethyl Benzene+Ethyl Acetate=Lacquer thinner.

Don't smoke. :rolling:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
how about this from torco, says it will rais 93 oct to 104 oct
http://www.need4speedpower.com/torco.html

the reason im looking is because my new motor cpr is going to be 10:5 just looking for some more octane since i cant find anything around here over 91 oct, and we have no sunoco stations in MO that i can find.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Toulene+Xylene+MEK+Heptane+Methanol+Ethyl Benzene+Ethyl Acetate=Lacquer thinner.

Don't smoke. :rolling:
lucky for me I dont smoke :D
according to the site the Toulene slows down the rate of combustion,its an oxygenater, which helps in preventing detenation.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,100 Posts
Kevin, there are a couple of places in KC that sell 110 octane LEADED fuel. Show up with a barrel, a jug, or the car on a trailer and fill 'er up. $6.00 a gallon last time I got gas.

Tim
 

·
Only green will do...
Joined
·
18,388 Posts
did you notice a big difference in anything horse power etc etc etc?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,100 Posts
I can run more timing, which helps the HP and it smells nice.

:cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Kevin, there are a couple of places in KC that sell 110 octane LEADED fuel. Show up with a barrel, a jug, or the car on a trailer and fill 'er up. $6.00 a gallon last time I got gas.

Tim
Tim where at?:D
I checked at the roosterville airport and they will sale me 100LL for $4.00 a Gal. they cant dispense it into your car,but they will fill up your barrel, jug, though.:devil:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,100 Posts
Buzz's Muffler on Parallel in KCK and I've also heard that Bill's Performance Center in Gladstone has it too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
134 Posts
Toulene
R+M/2...114
Cost...$2.50/gal
Mixtures with 92 Octane Premium
10%...94.2 Octane
20%...96.4 Octane
30%...98.6 Octane
Notes: Common ingredient in Octane Boosters in a can. 12-16 ounces will only raise octane 2-3 *points*, I.e. from 92 to 92.3. Often costs $3-5 for 12-16 ounces, when it can be purchased for less than $3/gal at chemical supply houses or paint stores.


So, 1 gallon of Toluene to 10 gallons is 10%. 1Gal. to 5 is 20% and 1 Gal to 3 is 30%
:)

And just so you know up front lol. They will ask you why you are purchasing this stuff as it can be used for other things that are not exactly legal lol.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bill's huh, i know where thats at,will have to give them a call. depending on price i may just use that 100LL and mix it about 50/50 with prem unlead.


check your pm if you havent already.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,100 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't buy a spring for a go kart from Bill's. His "machinist" pissed me off so bad I'll walk before I buy anything from them. And Buzz is easy to find. He runs the circle track circuit around town.

:cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Personally, I wouldn't buy a spring for a go kart from Bill's. His "machinist" pissed me off so bad I'll walk before I buy anything from them. And Buzz is easy to find. He runs the circle track circuit around town.

:cheers:
when you get back in town you will have to tell me how to get to Buzz.
and on Bill's, my buddy that is in to the ponchos, had his 400 rebuilt there a couple weeks ago and had them assemble it, well to make a long story short i have been fixing problems on it ever since. like went to adjust his rochers well when loosening the locks the studs all broke loose from the head with considerable ease :WTF plus some other problems. what do you think about the 100LL i use to use it a long time ago when i worked for an FBO.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top