Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for info on how to use the ADams Brilliant Glaze, I cannot seem to get that product to give me satisfactory results......what is the recommended steps...after wax? can I use the PC7424?

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
I use Adam's Brilliant spray glaze all the time.
You need to condition your paint prior to using it

Clay
Remove swirls if applicable
Put down a light layer of one of Adam's premium waxes ( I recommend Buttery wax)
Put a thin layer of Brilliant spray glaze on the vehicle using a microfiber applicator pad
Buff out when dried with a tight weaved microfiber cloth
Brilliant spray glaze works great on chrome, glass and lenses

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
man that does look great.... do you have flourescent lighting in your garage?

·
Registered
904 Posts
I use it all the time too. I've found it must dry thoroughly, completely haze over, before trying to remove it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The new Brilliant Glaze sets much faster than the old Brilliant Spray Glaze. I still have a few bottles of the BSG and use it on my own vehicles and it works fantastic. Smells good too. Do you have the new BG or the old BSG?

Yes, let it set up. Then wipe off with a microfiber towel.

What applicator are you using? I use the Adam's microfiber applicator. Actually keep two with the BSG. One for the wheels, one for the paint.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Wow. I use this stuff on my chrome tips but never thought to use it on the paint after a coat of wax. I will have to try that. :partyon:

·
Registered
724 Posts
Looking for info on how to use the ADams Brilliant Glaze, I cannot seem to get that product to give me satisfactory results......what is the recommended steps...after wax? can I use the PC7424?
You are not giving us enough information as to what the problem is. First of all what condition is your paint. Do you have any swirls or hazing? Is the paint a little dull looking? Does it need to be clayed, or is it in real good shape with a nice shine?

Brilliant Glaze (that is the new product) is designed to be used to add pop to your paint. It offers no protection and will be gone with the next wash or sooner in some conditions.

It does not go on with the pc and it is recommended that you us a foam applicator like the one that you would use with the Americana Wax. I have been using a microfiber applicator and it seems to work just fine.

If your paint is in good shape and has a nice shine already, all you need to do is apply a coat and wait for it to haze over (depends on weather conditions and humidity). Always apply it in a straight back and forth motion, not in circles. Once it is hazed over remove it with a good plush microfiber towel.

Hope this helps.

Here are afew pictures of mine with a fresh coat of the brilliant Glaze.

·
Supporting Vendor / Car Care Sponsor
637 Posts
Can you elaborate on what isn't 'satisfactory'?

What are you expecting it to do that it isn't doing for you currently?

Obviously, if we can't help you find the solution that will make you happy theres the 110% satisfaction guarantee to fall back on. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can you elaborate on what isn't 'satisfactory'?

What are you expecting it to do that it isn't doing for you currently?

Obviously, if we can't help you find the solution that will make you happy theres the 110% satisfaction guarantee to fall back on. :thumbsup:
I appreciate the guarantee however i do not feel that is necessary as I am going to try some of the suggestions / directions and see how that goes.

·
Registered
724 Posts
How is your paint on your car. Is it in great shape and already fuuly detailed, or is in need of a good detail. If it is in need of a complete detail, Brilliant Glaze will not do you any good until you have the paint corrected. As I mentioned earlier Brillaint Glaze is really an enhancement product to be used for that extrat pop just before a car show, cruise or just your own pleasure.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How is your paint on your car. Is it in great shape and already fuuly detailed, or is in need of a good detail. If it is in need of a complete detail, Brilliant Glaze will not do you any good until you have the paint corrected. As I mentioned earlier Brillaint Glaze is really an enhancement product to be used for that extrat pop just before a car show, cruise or just your own pleasure.
my car is paint is in great shape, do car shows all the time

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK, used everyones advise on letting the brilliant spray glaze dry or haze over. Turned out great...thanx for the advise everyone....

·
Registered
53 Posts
OK, used everyones advise on letting the brilliant spray glaze dry or haze over. Turned out great...thanx for the advise everyone....
Are you using Brilliant Spray Glaze or the new Brilliant Glaze? The new Brilliant Glaze will flash faster than the old BSG.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am using the old I believe. I am going to p/u some new.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts