Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned my 99 for 17 years and sad to say I only have 33,677 miles on it. I have had it in storage for the last four years and just decided it is time to get it out. I just changed the oil & filter along with doing a drain & fill on the radiator. My tires only have 5,000 miles on them. Belts, hoses and K & N look good. I'm thinking about changing out my rear differential fluid however it was done 5,000 miles ago along with the brake fluid.I forgot to punch out the date on my red top battery so I don't know how many years it's been in the car, probably about 8. As mentioned my car has been in storage the last 4 years and was only driven 1,000 miles the year before that. Always garaged and always on a battery maintainer. Any suggestions before I start driving it ? I must confess the car hasn't been getting driven because of riding my motorcycle. With all of the texting drivers my safety concerns have been growing therefore I have a renewed interest in my Corvette. Thanks for your comments.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
First off, YOUR TIRES ARE DEATH TRAPS. Before you drive anywhere on those things, buy some new rubber. Tires have a life span of close to 6 years. After that, you are a blowout waiting for death. See THIS THREAD for more information.

I would also get new belts for the same exact reason your tires are shot: TIME. As cheap as the belts are and as quick as they can be changed, it makes no sense to be riding on belts that old.

Last of all, look at this thread. There are some VERY important documents that you need to read in that thread and another thread that is linked within that thread.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Good info on the tires...I bought my '99 in 2010. It had new michilen run flats on it. But now they are weather cracked...what tire would u go back with?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts