Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bristol Palin's nonprofit paid her seven times what it spent on actual teen pregnancy prevention.

In 2009, Sarah Palin’s daughter Bristol joined a teen pregnancy prevention nonprofit called the Candie’s Foundation. Today, the Associated Press reported that the Candie’s Foundation released its 2009 tax information, revealing that Bristol was paid a salary of $262,500.

But a closer examination of the tax form by ThinkProgress shows that the group disbursed only $35,000 in grants to actual teen pregnancy health and counseling clinics: $25,000 to the Mt. Sinai Adolescent Health Center and $10,000 to the National Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy.

Thus, the nonprofit paid Bristol over seven times what it paid to teen pregnancy prevention groups.

Notably, Bristol’s Candie’s Foundation group is run by Neil Cole, an executive at the teenage clothing company Iconix Brand Group. Many critics have pointed out that the Candie’s Foundation appears to be geared towards improving the public image of Cole’s company rather than reducing teen pregnancy.

http://thinkprogress.org/2011/04/05/bristol-palin-profiteer-teen-pregnancy/

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
:laughing:

Rome is burning... and you guys are still -and only -obsessed with tabloid news of who's ****ing who... and how much money they made.

Here... lets do this. Deny Candie's non profit status and lets move on. Feel better now ?

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
yah know I think a lot of these not for profit organizations these days are scams and a way to avoid taxes

I mean obviously they are making nothing but profit if they can afford to pay her such a huge sum of money

And What could she possible know about Sexual abstinence

When she herself had a baby as a teenager and with a boyfriend no less

The world is crazy I tell yah

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I could give a rat's ass who's ****ing whom.

Don't you think it's a little too late to deny Candie's Foundation nonprofit status?

If you don't find this hypocritical and dishonest, then call Poison Control because you've ingested a little too much Caribou Kool-Aid.

Your Rome might be burning, mine certainly isn't.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Fine... it was hypocritical and dishonest for Candie's to accept a non profit status... and pay Bristol more for lecturing about abstinence, then the amount they paid to legitimate organizations that do the exact same thing. -All should be shut down for doing the same!

Now, I'm sure you are willing to say the same about your ideologies favorite non profits, right ?

If you do not feel as though our country is unstable and near economic collapse... you are either blissfully ignorant -like a drooling retard... or you are simply drinking Kool-aid with a time released retarding agent in the mix.

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Retard? Twice in one sentence?

So when you're have to offer a lame admission you were wrong, you follow it with name calling?

It's unfortunate that someone with your ideology got implicated in some dishonest business, and that certainly doesn't mean I wouldn't feel the same way about my ideologies nonprofits.

However, you made the assumption that Candie's Foundation isn't a nonprofit representing my ideology.

Kind of a retarded move, if you ask me.

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
On the subject of the nation's instability, well if you didn't see this coming a long time ago, and prepare yourself, your business and your family for it, then shame on you.

I make my own economy.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Retard? Twice in one sentence?

So when you're have to offer a lame admission you were wrong, you follow it with name calling?

It's unfortunate that someone with your ideology got implicated in some dishonest business, and that certainly doesn't mean I wouldn't feel the same way about my ideologies nonprofits.

However, you made the assumption that Candie's Foundation isn't a nonprofit representing my ideology.

Kind of a retarded move, if you ask me.
You made the charge and assumption that my conclusion was based upon Caribou Kool aid. As though I was defending her due to my allegiance. You were shown to be incorrect in both. I gave you a little slap -back. Take it like the man you portray yourself to be... or don't dish it out.

I'm real happy to hear you have come through the countries economic hardship, unscathed. I truly, am. This, in itself, does not indicate the worst is not yet to come. This thread subject -and others like it, serve as a distraction from this fact. That was my point. :cheers:

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
If you do not feel as though our country is unstable and near economic collapse... you are either blissfully ignorant -like a drooling retard... or you are simply drinking Kool-aid with a time released retarding agent in the mix.
sidestep from subject topic.

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Bristol Palin's nonprofit paid her seven times what it spent on actual teen pregnancy prevention.

In 2009, Sarah Palin’s daughter Bristol joined a teen pregnancy prevention nonprofit called the Candie’s Foundation. Today, the Associated Press reported that the Candie’s Foundation released its 2009 tax information, revealing that Bristol was paid a salary of $262,500.

But a closer examination of the tax form by ThinkProgress shows that the group disbursed only $35,000 in grants to actual teen pregnancy health and counseling clinics: $25,000 to the Mt. Sinai Adolescent Health Center and $10,000 to the National Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy.

Thus, the nonprofit paid Bristol over seven times what it paid to teen pregnancy prevention groups.

Notably, Bristol’s Candie’s Foundation group is run by Neil Cole, an executive at the teenage clothing company Iconix Brand Group. Many critics have pointed out that the Candie’s Foundation appears to be geared towards improving the public image of Cole’s company rather than reducing teen pregnancy.

http://thinkprogress.org/2011/04/05/bristol-palin-profiteer-teen-pregnancy/

I'm still wondering why she was on DWTS.

The's not a star.
She's the daughter of a quitter/hypocrite

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
You made the charge and assumption that my conclusion was based upon Caribou Kool aid. As though I was defending her due to my allegiance. You were shown to be incorrect in both. I gave you a little slap -back. Take it like the man you portray yourself to be... or don't dish it out.

I'm real happy to hear you have come through the countries economic hardship, unscathed. I truly, am. This, in itself, does not indicate the worst is not yet to come. This thread subject -and others like it, serve as a distraction from this fact. That was my point. :cheers:
Bristol must fall into that catagory of smart attractive intelligent women that people like Dungripper are afraid of.....even though she's 16 and never finished high school, let alone graduated college or have a couple decades of employment experience in her field....:laughing:

Ohhhhh...

Looooooooooooook ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut!!!!!!!!!!!

:laughing:

·
Registered
798 Posts
Just like her useless mother, feed the dumb pubs BS and take their money and pubs keep playing like sheep!!!

:crazy:

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
I personally think it is funny watching her and her mother get rich on the backs of the leftwing pig media.. :laughing:

And I really think it's funny watching all the whiny bitches complain about it.. :rolling:

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
I personally think it is funny watching her and her mother get rich on the backs of the leftwing pig media.. :laughing:

And I really think it's funny watching all the whiny bitches complain about it.. :rolling:
My point in all this is

That there are many "not for profits" charity's making Huge Profits $$$$$

They're not for profit status is simply to avoid paying taxes

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
My point in all this is

That there are many "not for profits" charity's making Huge Profits $$$$$

They're not for profit status is simply to avoid paying taxes
My guess would be, 15% of non-profits are, non-profit. Anytime you have a question about a non-profit, pull the data and check how much their administration costs are, compared to their actual charity work.

Media Matters is a non-profit, that actively participates in politics and character assassination.. many others like it do as well. ACORN, NPR, Southern Poverty Law Center, etc, etc, etc.

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
More like 75 percent right wing leg humpers, 25 percent left wing realists.:thumbsup:
It's primarily MSNBC, and sexual predators like yourself that are so "fixated" with the Palin's. The left wing media, in their zeal to tear her apart, made her larger than she should have ever been.

Either way, kinda hilarious. :smack

·
Registered
798 Posts
It's primarily MSNBC, and sexual predators like yourself that are so "fixated" with the Palin's. The left wing media, in their zeal to tear her apart, made her larger than she should have ever been.

But its the :crazy: right wing wacko's who are paying her !!!

:D

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
But its the :crazy: right wing wacko's who are paying her !!!

:D
:laughing: Hell yeah, it's worth billions to watch the leftwingnuts implode over how much she is making and how big she becomes.. all while they fall by the wayside (Olberman, Couric, Etc.)

:thumbsup:

·
Banned
12,109 Posts

Nah.

You freudian mother humpers saw brown eyes and legs and latched on to the teet waaaaaay before the left got wind of what was happening.:D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts