Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I just got to Oklahoma where I'll be doing more flight school and when I stopped to get gas I noticed the front driver's side tire was bulging right over the EMT label. The rear tire on the driver's side did the same thing in the same spot. The rear tires were replaced in December. The front tires were replaced in April. Any idea what would cause this?

·
Registered
347 Posts
The inner lining of the tire broke, replace ASAP.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The inner lining of the tire broke, replace ASAP.
How would this happen to both tires at the same time? And is this something that Goodyear will pick up?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Any idea what would cause this?
Hitting a curb with your tire is a common cause of a bubble in the sidewall. It's not safe to drive on it with a non EMT tire since it could blow out at speed or at any time. EMT may not be so bad since they are made to run flat for so many miles.

Otherwise it's a defect in the tire. I'd be suspect with it happening at about the same time on two tires.

·
SinisterC6's Daddy
1,026 Posts
Hitting a curb with your tire is a common cause of a bubble in the sidewall. It's not safe to drive on it with a non EMT tire since it could blow out at speed or at any time. EMT may not be so bad since they are made to run flat for so many miles.

Otherwise it's a defect in the tire. I'd be suspect with it happening at about the same time on two tires.
Hitting a curb or a pot hole...? Goodyear replaced one of mine under warranty.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is just really bizarre to me because the bubbles are in exactly the same spot on both tires and I did not get them at the same time or even the same place.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Have it checked by a professional! If the bubble is shaped like a golf ball it is most likely a damaged tire. If its more like a AA battery shape from the rim to the tread, it may the sidewall splice point. I say that because that would explain why the bubble was in the same spot on 2 different tires. If you look very carefully you SHOULD find a slight dip/ bubble on ALL of your tires, and they are just part of the manufacturing process. Either way, SAFETY FIRST, have it checked out, as I have been out of the retail tire business for over ten years.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Just get a new set of soft rubber

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just get a new set of soft rubber
I just got the front ones a month ago and the rears in December. You gonna pick up the bill?

·
Only green will do...
18,388 Posts
Get them changed immediately they can go at any minute ba carefull

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I'm betting that you'll think twice about asking another question in the future. :thumbsup:

Seriously though, if the tires are dfective, they should get covered by the warranty.

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
I just got the front ones a month ago and the rears in December. You gonna pick up the bill?
Should be covered by your GY road hazard Warranty. Since they are virtually new it should be low cost.

Good Luck:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Should be covered by your GY road hazard Warranty. Since they are virtually new it should be low cost.

Good Luck:thumbsup:
I didn't purchase the extra road hazard warranty. I thought spending $400 bucks a pop was enough. I'm never buying another Goodyear tire in my life though if this isn't covered and I have to replace them out of my own pocket.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts