Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took a trip to the Berkshires in MA to my daughters college and had agreat trip with my 02 convert. The vette handled beautiful on the winding road leading up the mountains of the Berkshires. When I got home I noticed alot of bug splats, some of them big and they have dried hard on the vette. What can I use to remove without ruining clearcoat. Thanx

·
Registered
46 Posts
I use bug and tar remover by turtlewax. It does not remove your clearcoat, however I am no detailer by any means. Good luck.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Ditto

Scarinjo.

I have been using Bug and Tar by Turtlewax as well. Works great. Just gotta get a good sponge and rub like crazy! I rinse it off right after.

Regards

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
Mine always come off when I wash the car. :)

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I don't know how long they were on, however I usually spray some detail spray right on the splats, let it sit for a minute and then wipe off. They usually come off right away.

If it's really dirty, I would try the bug and tar remover and then wash and then re-apply if necessary.

It will soon be "love bug" season down here in Florida or better known as "keep my vette in the garage" month. Those SOBs are tough to clean off.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Bug & Tar remover will take the wax off, so re-wax when done. Get them off as soon as you can. If left on for a long time and if they bake in the sun they can eat through the clear coat just like bird crap.:bang

·
Registered
635 Posts
RedBarchetta said:
I don't know how long they were on, however I usually spray some detail spray right on the splats, let it sit for a minute and then wipe off. They usually come off right away.

If it's really dirty, I would try the bug and tar remover and then wash and then re-apply if necessary.

It will soon be "love bug" season down here in Florida or better known as "keep my vette in the garage" month. Those SOBs are tough to clean off.
Yes, use the Detail spray. On a cool surface let it sit a min. Then wipe those splats off. Works for me every time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts