Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
DC Ambassador / Netherlands
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Buick "boattail" Riviera 454 1972

I see that in this groep a lot of other cars then Corvette are discused, so I'll give it a try.
Any of you have experience with the 1972 Buick Riviera ?. A fiend of mine has one for sale. It would sleep outside with me, thats one reson I do not buy a (1989 black C4) Corvette at this time. Any and all info is welcome. Pim

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Re: Buick "boattail" Riviera 454 1972

Roadrunr said:
I see that in this groep a lot of other cars then Corvette are discused, so I'll give it a try.
Any of you have experience with the 1972 Buick Riviera ?. A fiend of mine has one for sale. It would sleep outside with me, thats one reson I do not buy a (1989 black C4) Corvette at this time. Any and all info is welcome. Pim
I had a 74 (I think) Buick Electra 225. 455cu 4BBL.

My neighbor had a beautiful silver 72 Buick Riviera with a giant motor as well (455 also, maybe). We laughed because his car had 4 mufflers.

Anyway, the car had 6,000 miles on it when her husband died, then she died, then the car went to her bitch daughter. Who knows where it is now.:( :huh:

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
A buddy of mine used to have a Riveria a long time ago. It was a boat alright, gas hog also. Don't remember much about the car other than it had lots of problems. :(

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Buick's big cube motor is the 455. In my opinion if the price is right you gotta buy it. Come on it's a 455!! Of course this is why my yard is full of junk but that's another story.:laughing:

·
Registered
375 Posts
My first car was a 73 Buick Centurion. Same as the LeSaber but different badges. 455 4bbl, what a yacht. Had some great times with that car. Seats six, "sleeps" 12.:laughing:
Except for gas mileage, no problems.:thumbsup:

Love those boat tail Rivs btw.:partyon:

·
DC Crew
4,823 Posts
No experience with the Riviera, I've always liked them though. I checked one out before I left the States (It was a 68 I think) and was surprised by the cool speedometer on the dash it rotated on an axis instead of the normal needle sweeping across. Pretty trick :D

Do you have any pics of the car?

·
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
First thanks all :thumbsup: but I am not going to get the Buick, In stead I'm going for my REAL DREAM and that is a C4 Corvette, I hope it's going to be a 1989, but as long as it's a TPi it's ok by me. Black, silver or white will be the best.

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Roadrunr said:
First thanks all :thumbsup: but I am not going to get the Buick, In stead I'm going for my REAL DREAM and that is a C4 Corvette, I hope it's going to be a 1989, but as long as it's a TPi it's ok by me. Black, silver or white will be the best.
:thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
4,823 Posts
Pim,

Check out the classified ads from the "Stars and Stripes" this is where I found our 1990 Corvette four years ago. They update the classifieds every week and sooner or later they'll be one listed (there's a ZO6 listed there now).

The website is www.estripes.com

Joe

·
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by 90EXPVette ...<br>
Pim,

Check out the classified ads from the "Stars and Stripes" this is where I found our 1990 Corvette four years ago. They update the classifieds every week and sooner or later they'll be one listed (there's a ZO6 listed there now).

The website is www.estripes.com

Joe<br>
Thanks Joe,

I will go and look there but I think I found my Vette here in Holland, I'm just need €4000 more. 1988 Black on Black Coupe :D Need to sell the bike, was planing on that anyway, now I just wont it to sell fast.

Greetz, Pim

·
Registered
7 Posts
I own a 71 Riviera

I have 71 Riviera,

no vettes right now Ive gotten to old to climb down into cars.

The Boattail really is the big brother to the Vette - similiar looks a bit heavier and some extra girth in the middle in fact its what Bill Mitchell wanted the corvette to be.

like many older brothers they can can take little bro by surprise and always the get the better looking women.
I submitt to you video prove http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52IYGlyoMYY
Not only can the 4600Lb beasts carry four and their luggage in comfort but it will run (in a straight line anyway) with the vette's - beat the grude out fords check the related you tube videos.

1971 road test http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_9_IZYUtFc

See more video on Boattail Rivieras at http://www.youtube.com/user/robs71redrivs

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
I just found one of these on Craigslist for 2 grand. I want it so bad but all my extra funds are going to my Vette right now.

·
I support glass stairways
5,955 Posts
There is one for sale just down the street from my house, the body and interior are beautiful! I'm not sure what engine is in it as we never really got to run 'em, everytime he sees me in town we are always in traffic. I've always had a secret love of the old Rivs and I REALLY want this car, but alas, I don't have $9,000...:down:

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
There is one for sale just down the street from my house, the body and interior are beautiful! I'm not sure what engine is in it as we never really got to run 'em, everytime he sees me in town we are always in traffic. I've always had a secret love of the old Rivs and I REALLY want this car, but alas, I don't have $9,000...:down:
Come on down and buy this one.

http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/cto/819696281.html

·
I support glass stairways
5,955 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
They are hard to find and the price is going up

If you can get one now's the time, they have just started to be appreciated in the last few years prices have been going up - if that $2000 one is a good one - they do rust problems in the rear fenders and under vinyl roofs around back windows - no replacement panels available, you can get new floor pans - just like vette its definatly better to start with as good and original as you can - the parts are harder to find than a 63 split window. All boattails came wth 455's - then there was GS and stage 1 packages. That $9000 Rivy could be the better the deal depending on whats needed - both could be in the same shape depending on where and how much the owner knows -

major options and some code numers on are my cardomian page http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2481294/9

a couple of places to check out if you like Bottail Rivieras are:
www.buick-riviera.com this is dutch site and has just about everything you may want to know about the boattails
and http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Boat-Tail/ Yahoo group for boattails
group members offer rivs to other members at times - and post findings there is is one posted now

·
Registered
7 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts