Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know, the new Regal doesn't LOOK bad, but I finally clicked on one of the ads here on DC to see what it's about. 3600 lbs with the Ecotec 4 cylinder? You gotta be kidding. It was an ample motor in the 2750 lb Cobalt I rented in Orlando, at least for a commuter with a little zip. You put another half ton on that engine, even in its slightly improved form, and you've got a recipe for a slug. I would definitely like to smack the designer who thought that was a good idea...

*Face palm*

·
Registered
717 Posts
You know, the new Regal doesn't LOOK bad, but I finally clicked on one of the ads here on DC to see what it's about. 3600 lbs with the Ecotec 4 cylinder? You gotta be kidding. It was an ample motor in the 2750 lb Cobalt I rented in Orlando, at least for a commuter with a little zip. You put another half ton on that engine, even in its slightly improved form, and you've got a recipe for a slug. I would definitely like to smack the designer who thought that was a good idea...

*Face palm*
Pretty sure you can get it with a 3.6 v6 with 250+ horse power and a 6 speed transmission. I have a 2008 Saturn Aura XR with this combo and I am pretty sure when saturn went under the Aura became a Regal.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts

*Face palm*
That designer would be HArry Reid, NAcey Pelosi, BArak Obama and every other politician that thought cranking up CAFE would save the world

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
Pretty sure you can get it with a 3.6 v6 with 250+ horse power and a 6 speed transmission. I have a 2008 Saturn Aura XR with this combo and I am pretty sure when saturn went under the Aura became a Regal.
Actually I think the Regal is a different platform. The Aura = Malibu, and the Malbu has a 112" wheelbase, compared to a 108" wheelbase on the Regal. The Malibu is also a bit lighter, coming in at just over 3400 pounds compared to 3600 pounds for the Regal.

Steven

·
Registered
29 Posts
The Regal is what the new 2010 Aura was going to be and it comes in 4cyl. only; N/A and turbo. Epsilon II platform shared with next Malibu (will also get shorter wheel base), Lacrosse (lwb) and 2011 Caddy XTC

·
Registered
717 Posts
The Regal is what the new 2010 Aura was going to be and it comes in 4cyl. only; N/A and turbo. Epsilon II platform shared with next Malibu (will also get shorter wheel base), Lacrosse (lwb) and 2011 Caddy XTC
That sucks, I get 30mpg hiway with the v6 and all the power you would ever need. My 2008 owners manual has a insert in it saying to use only premium fuel in the 4 cylinder due to pinging. Whats the point? 2 or 3 mpg more and you have to use premium fuel:crazy:

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
That designer would be HArry Reid, NAcey Pelosi, BArak Obama and every other politician that thought cranking up CAFE would save the world
:agree:
Amen brother...sorry had a Hulk Hogan attack...
You forgot 'The Gore'.

Oh yeah, what was it that EPA Secretary Lisa Jackson said when announcing the new CAFE standards?
"It's what Americans want." :laughing:
Too bad she didn't talk to me.

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
If you read any reviews about new GM products they always seem to be heavier than their competition. Look at the Camaro vs Mustang, SRX vs MDX etc etc. GM is building better vehicles it's just the performance lags behind because of the weight. I like the new Buick Regal look, but I won't spend the cash to have one instead of a Honda, Toyota or even a Ford Fusion. Building good cars is one thing, giving the buyer something they can't get with the other brand is something GM is lacking in a lot of it's vehicles.

·
Registered
717 Posts
If you read any reviews about new GM products they always seem to be heavier than their competition. Look at the Camaro vs Mustang, SRX vs MDX etc etc. GM is building better vehicles it's just the performance lags behind because of the weight. I like the new Buick Regal look, but I won't spend the cash to have one instead of a Honda, Toyota or even a Ford Fusion. Building good cars is one thing, giving the buyer something they can't get with the other brand is something GM is lacking in a lot of it's vehicles.
I'll buy em:thumbsup:I personally think the performance is every bit as good if not better than the others. Not trying to be argumentative just stating my opinion.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Buick is coming up with some really sharp looking cars with some good innovation. I would buy a 4 cyl. Regal for a nice DD.
It's a good looking car.

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Oh yeah, what was it that EPA Secretary Lisa Jackson said when announcing the new CAFE standards?
"It's what Americans want." :laughing:
Too bad she didn't talk to me.
Thank goodness they know what I want. Now I can stop thinking altogether. :thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts