Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone able to help me determine build date?
Order number is DFXKV8
VIN 1G1YY22G815128503
Bought from Campbell Chev in Bowling Green KY

She was adopted Feb 28th, 2007, but it'd be nice to know when she rolled off the line :partyon:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,516 Posts
Order number is DFXKV8
VIN 1G1YY22G815128503

She was adopted Feb 28th, 2007, but it'd be nice to know when she rolled off the line :partyon:
Any dealer can pull up the history on the car with a GM-VIS (Vehicle Inquiry System). They use it to determine if it is under warranty and any warranty or repair that have been done. It will have the build date on it

·
Registered
8 Posts
Your Vette was built 04/18/01. If you want more check my sig :thumbsup:

·
Registered
347 Posts
yeah i took my vette in friday to get it looked at. Service advisor said my vette has been sitting on a dealer's lot for a year with the same gas in it. :rolleyes:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,516 Posts
Thanks David. that's a big help

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
I love that... "yes I searched". :laughing: Seems like you've had a bad experience at another forum. Here nobody searches, it's all good.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Order number is DFXKV8
VIN 1G1YY22G815128503

Build date is on the inside of the drivers door.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks all, found a ton - much appreciated.:partyon:

·
Registered
296 Posts
Look in the wheel wells I found a date there. I think it is the start date, add 7 to that date and you have the finish date or the build date.

I agree with the wheel well date but that is chassis assembly date. actual off-the-lijne date is probably +1. The vettes roll down the line in less than 2 days unless there is a problem. I got hooked up with someone at assembly so that's how I know. Well, at least that's how it was for mine.

steve

1 - 10 of 10 Posts