Ok so there is just so much going on with this build. Let me point out a few things. First and foremost is the stopping power. Since this is a c7 suspension, those brakes are c7 z06 brake upgrade parts. Those rims have to be that big to fit the brake hardware. This machine will stop on a dime and make change. Here is the front..
And no you don't just stuff big and wide meats like this under a stock C2 body. Even with the Street Shops custom frame this car had to get flares..
We are dumping the door handles..
This is powered by a LS7 with a magnuson heartbeat supercharger and custom made pulley kit. The holley valve covers let you bolt the coils directly to the valve cover so you don't need the mounting bracket. It is a clean look. And they are polished to match what we did with the blower lid..
If you look close at the frame you will see a lot of c7 parts. control arms, sway bars, and spindles are all c7. The brembo brakes are c7 z06 upgrades. And those CCW wheels were custom made for this application. The differential is a Hammerhead. The pulley kit for this setup was custom made not bought off a shelf..
The floors felt a little thin to us So we decided to build them up. I am not a fan of working with fiberglass but what has to happen has to happen. So we sand the floors lightly, cut up some mats and mix up some resin. Here are the floors drying..
The red spot is from a previous repair. I sanded it down to the shape the floor should be in and though this picture doesn't show it too well there is fiberglass mat covering it. It is just clear under the resin. Once everything is dry, We try to reshape the floor with a durablock and some 36grit paper. At least make things flat again..
And we can start laying in the hush mat. Because of the frame and c7 suspension and huge diff and such wide tires major changes had to be made to the floor in the rear of this car..
Spun my wheels in a couple different directions, today. Got the vintage air a/c box mounted to the firewall..
But fell short of mounting the blockoff plate to the firewall. I am undecided where to mount the ecu and if I decide to go inside the car, I will cut a hole in that plate. So for now it gets left like this..
And we got the conversion wiper motor mounted. This is a cool part. It uses the stock knob so it doesn't mess up the look and feel from inside the car but I think it has intermittent wiper functions. It comes from Detroit speed..
And I got started on the exhaust. The idea is to use stock big block sidepipes and covers. So we chop up the new sidepipes..
And have a clearance problem with the dry sump tank that we need to resolve..