Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok so there is just so much going on with this build. Let me point out a few things. First and foremost is the stopping power. Since this is a c7 suspension, those brakes are c7 z06 brake upgrade parts. Those rims have to be that big to fit the brake hardware. This machine will stop on a dime and make change. Here is the front..

And rear..

And no you don't just stuff big and wide meats like this under a stock C2 body. Even with the Street Shops custom frame this car had to get flares..

We are dumping the door handles..

This is powered by a LS7 with a magnuson heartbeat supercharger and custom made pulley kit. The holley valve covers let you bolt the coils directly to the valve cover so you don't need the mounting bracket. It is a clean look. And they are polished to match what we did with the blower lid..

And then there is this..

·
Premium Member
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here are a few choice pictures of the LS7 getting prepped for this build. Here are the intake ports..

And exhaust..

LS7 heads are a thing of beauty. Here is the Blower going on..

Assembled and ready to go back home in the street shops frame..

And back home in the Street Shops frame..

·
Super Moderator
8,482 Posts
that car looks damn impressive
most of us would love to own something similar,
but Id bet your cost to build exceeds $100K when its complete

Reactions: autowiz

·
Premium Member
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you look close at the frame you will see a lot of c7 parts. control arms, sway bars, and spindles are all c7. The brembo brakes are c7 z06 upgrades. And those CCW wheels were custom made for this application. The differential is a Hammerhead. The pulley kit for this setup was custom made not bought off a shelf..

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
I absolutely adore that setup, and I really like the idea of blending bleeding edge technology with a classic exterior.

Now I gotta hope my next trip to Vegas is finally the one I was hoping for and my half of the winnings is enough to afford a setup like that. One can hope. :D

Thanks for sharing autowiz. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
it is a beauty. Remind us to check in on it when it is done. I can't wait to see it complete and on the ground.:thumbsup:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,439 Posts
Not only is that going to be a looker, it is going to be a mover

·
Registered
155 Posts
Glad the rear was addressed. My friend dropped a 572 crate in his 67 and the first pass twisted the half shafts like pretzels!

·
Premium Member
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The floors felt a little thin to us So we decided to build them up. I am not a fan of working with fiberglass but what has to happen has to happen. So we sand the floors lightly, cut up some mats and mix up some resin. Here are the floors drying..

The red spot is from a previous repair. I sanded it down to the shape the floor should be in and though this picture doesn't show it too well there is fiberglass mat covering it. It is just clear under the resin. Once everything is dry, We try to reshape the floor with a durablock and some 36grit paper. At least make things flat again..

And we can start laying in the hush mat. Because of the frame and c7 suspension and huge diff and such wide tires major changes had to be made to the floor in the rear of this car..

And the floors are complete..

·
Premium Member
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Spun my wheels in a couple different directions, today. Got the vintage air a/c box mounted to the firewall..

But fell short of mounting the blockoff plate to the firewall. I am undecided where to mount the ecu and if I decide to go inside the car, I will cut a hole in that plate. So for now it gets left like this..

And we got the conversion wiper motor mounted. This is a cool part. It uses the stock knob so it doesn't mess up the look and feel from inside the car but I think it has intermittent wiper functions. It comes from Detroit speed..

And I got started on the exhaust. The idea is to use stock big block sidepipes and covers. So we chop up the new sidepipes..

And have a clearance problem with the dry sump tank that we need to resolve..

·
Premium Member
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So we need to get the exhaust around the dry sump tank. First we need to remove all the pipe from the sidepipes..

Here is a rare shot inside a factory sidepipe. Just like a glass pack or resonator albeit a bit longer..

With just a few elbows I made the exhaust gets around the dry sump tank just fine..

And here is the complete exhaust for this wild build O2 sensors mounted and all..

1 - 20 of 43 Posts