Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After building the Corvette C6.R tribute car for SEMA, I had the opportunity to pick up a crystal red metallic 2008 Corvette Z51 from a family member who was going to sell it. None of us are content with stock, so I grabbed a pair of black headlights, ZR1 spoiler, Z06 style spyders (and match painted the lips), and a set of 2009 GT1 edition graphics, and went to work on this daily driver. Rather than carry over the stock lower rocker graphics, I went with a variation of the Jake logo I made, and custom cut some more vinyl to continue the stripe down past the regular stopping point of the GT1. Enjoy. =)

Now I have to find some time and shoot the two cars together with some of the other goodies I've been working on.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Looks great. I like what you've done, nothing over the top but all tasteful changes. What does the family member think of how their former car looks now?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks great. I like what you've done, nothing over the top but all tasteful changes. What does the family member think of how their former car looks now?
It was my grandfather, and he just laughed and asked where his car was. haha jk He actually liked it, but then again, I guess it must run in the blood over here. Since 1984, he has owned 24 vettes. I was an (f-body) camaro and firebird guy for a long time and now that I've gotten older and able, I've switched. Completely different ballgame and a blast to drive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts