Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay...I know that I wanted the sound of the B&B Bullets over the Borla Stingers but now I saw that Borla makes straight pipes that look identical to the Bullets. First of all, does anyone have the straight pipes on their vette from Borla or has anyone heard them? Is there even a sound difference?

Thanks...

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
the strait pipes are pretty loud from borla but i would rather do the bullets

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have the B&B Bullet's and they are pretty damn loud IMO. A little too much drone for my taste. My buddy had the Borla and he says it has lot's of drone as well.

·
Registered
840 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just put some Borla Stingers (I know that they are not strait pipes) about a week ago but I couldn't be any happier with them. I dont know how I drove the vette without them

·
Registered
14 Posts
I picked up the B&B Bullets about 2 years ago for a killer deal and I have absolutely loved them ever since I installed them. It was my daily driver for about a year and a half. Yes, there is quite a bit of drone with them around 2-2.5k rpm, but the sound to them is unbeatable. I don't know if there is an advantage to the straight pipes verses the B&B or the Stingers. The mounting bracket that they will be going to will be back where the vents are on the rear fascia, so you might as well take the pipe that way too!!! If I had to do it again, I wouldn't think twice about getting the B&B's! TRULY SATISFIED customer here! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Dual Climate Control Newbie Question

(Hey gang, Sorry- I thought I was starting a new thread - I reposted this to the General and technical C5 discussion. :bang )

Hello All! :excited:

I have been lurking about this forum for quite some time, and I FINALLY bought my first Corvette!! (Only took me 27 years!). I have a 2003 Triple-black Convertible Vette and plan on performing several mods to it. This is probably a rookie question, but here goes...

I just recently had the HVAC replaced on the Vette. I am aware that you have to set the driver's side temperature to above 61 Degrees in order for the passenger's side climate control to be able to be adjusted. The guy that did the work for me on the HVAC says that the MAX temperature difference between the driver's side AC and the passenger's side AC will never be more than 6 degrees. I thought that dual climate meant that I can have my AC on cold, and if the passenger wants heat they can have it - meaning, 2 completely different temps operating independently of one another? Can anyone please clarify this for me? I hate to get "hoodwinked" by the repair guy just because he doesn't know how to calibrate the HVAC:huh:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts