Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never knew. :surprised

:surprised

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/theoval/post/2011/04/bush-honors-wounded-warriors-with-a-bike-ride-in-the-desert/1

Former president George W. Bush loves his mountain bike, and later this month he'll hit the road to honor wounded veterans.

From April 25-27, Bush will host the "Warrior 100," a 100-kilometer mountain bike ride in the Big Bend of Texas with 14 servicemembers wounded in Iraq and Afghanistan.

"I'll be riding across the deserts of Texas with wounded warriors to show the unbelievable character of our men and women in uniform," Bush said in a statement released by his office. "It's a 100-kilometer ride in the desert, and it's not a leisurely ride; it's a ride to herald people who were dealt a severe blow and said, 'I'm not going to let it tear me down.'"

well...

He's still not a core mtb rider since he just started riding after he hurt his leg in 06, don't have 2 or more bikes, and has no interest in enviromental movements.

He may love his mountain bike, but me,.... I want my mountain bikes and motorcycles in my hospital room when I die.:laughing: :D

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
I applaud him for getting out there and doing something fun, athletic, and non political. He has done a good job of keeping out of the political spotlight, when I am sure he has been chomping at the bit to say what is on his mind.

Good on him!

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
I applaud him for getting out there and doing something fun, athletic, and non political. He has done a good job of keeping out of the political spotlight, when I am sure he has been chomping at the bit to say what is on his mind.

Good on him!
:agree: I do agree. He also seems to look a lot better now that he is relaxed. He is not my guy, but I hope he sticks around a while. He and Laura deserve a good retirement.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts

Good on him!
I agree. George Bush happened to be president during a decade of gigantic world change, both economically and politically. Before George Bush there was a fairly stable world economy, and terrorism was a tiny industry. After GB, the world entered what I think will be a semi-permanent down economic cycle with constant chaos. It also entered an era of growing terrorism that has not begun to peak. Many Bush haters assume he caused these things, but they were going to happen with or without him. As you say, I think his post-presidential life has been one of extreme class. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Before George Bush there was a fairly stable world economy, and terrorism was a tiny industry. After GB, the world entered what I think will be a semi-permanent down economic cycle with constant chaos. It also entered an era of growing terrorism that has not begun to peak.
:agree:

**** Yeah! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts