Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great two page article looking back at George Bush and how his popularity is already improving. It's a bit of a sentimental piece that I see as the beginning of history judging the man instead of just a few issues.

Excerpt:
"And George W. Bush became the president we needed at one of the worst moments in our history.
In those horrible hours following the attacks on America, we momentarily saw our fear reflected back in the president’s eyes. We then saw his resolve and took comfort in his strength. We shared his tears as he held the shield of a fallen police officer. We shouted with him from atop the rubble. We then quietly shared his commitment to respect the peaceful faiths of others.
Speaking to a shaken nation, he vowed to do everything in his power to keep us safe. And he did."

Link: http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-...speech-bushs-shadow-looms-over-the-president/

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
UP was the ONLY option remaining. :laughing:

·
Registered
12,410 Posts

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
For some... sad...
Being lied to is not a admirable quality for the liar.

But if you want to give out medals for making up for a mistake, you will quickly run out of medals.

·
Registered
12,410 Posts

But if you want to give out medals for making up for a mistake, you will quickly run out of medals.
Boo hoo... :(
:laughing:

·
Registered
5,146 Posts

I know Bush just lied about being the most open administration ever. And lied about posting new legislation in the web at least 5 days before passage. And lied about having health care legislation debated live on C-Span

Oh damn I got the wrong liar silly me:spanked:

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
Should be good when the Bush memoirs come out right before November ... although something tells me the congressional (R)'s are gonna filibuster & obstruct that one until after the elections ...

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Should be good when the Bush memoirs come out right before November ... although something tells me the congressional (R)'s are gonna filibuster & obstruct that one until after the elections ...

Another example of leading the ignorant to the water but you still can't get them to drink :lookinup:

·
Registered
12,410 Posts

I doubt it. :laughing:
One thing you don't understand is that the non-incumbent party doesn't have to do anything, especially if it's a referendum, and it is. sux to be you... :buhbye:

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I know Bush just lied about being the most open administration ever. And lied about posting new legislation in the web at least 5 days before passage. And lied about having health care legislation debated live on C-Span

Oh damn I got the wrong liar silly me:spanked:
What’s the death count from those lies … ? :(

Then do a comparison … take your time, you may need a week or two. ;)

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
Another example of leading the ignorant to the water but you still can't get them to drink :lookinup:
Well, in Exo's version, the river is whiskey, and he's a diving duck. :laughing:

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
*I'm the greatest President evar ... TAH DAHHHHH ...*

·
Registered
5,206 Posts

Still have not seen a single legitimit example of Bush lied except fabrication from the media :D so the death count due to Bush lies is ZERO :surprised

·
Registered
12,410 Posts

Let's ask Ray Nagin and Kathleen Blanco, the people that were in charge of managing the Katrina fiasco from the start...

NBC's Lisa Myers Reports on Governor Blanco's Katrina Mistakes
By Brad Wilmouth (Bio | Archive)
Sun, 10/09/2005 - 00:04 ET

On the Saturday edition of the NBC Nightly News, anchored by John Seigenthaler, correspondent Lisa Myers reported several critical mistakes made by Louisiana Governor Kathleen Blanco in handling the Hurricane Katrina crisis. The story even showcased a whispered conversation, recorded by CNN, between Blanco and an aide in which Blanco admitted she had been too slow in asking for federal troops. Blanco: "I really need to call for the military ... and I should have started that in the first call."

Myers also relayed that when Blanco and New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin ordered a mandatory evacuation 20 hours before Katrina hit, they were ignoring the advice of experts who had warned it would take 48 hours. Additionally, Blanco was slow to get National Guard troops to restore order. A complete transcript of the story follows:

John Seigenthaler: "In the aftermath of the hurricanes, NBC News has been taking a hard look at response failures by government officials, and there are plenty to go around. We've already brought you reviews of federal and city actions. Well, tonight, NBC's senior investigative correspondent Lisa Myers focuses on the performance of Louisiana Governor Kathleen Blanco."

Lisa Myers: "It was Governor Blanco's first big disaster, and on that Saturday, less than 48 hours before Katrina hit, she reassured the state."

Governor Kathleen Blanco (D-LA): "I believe that we are really prepared. That's the one thing that I've always been able to brag about."

Myers: "Though experts had warned it would take 48 hours to evacuate New Orleans, Blanco did not order a mandatory evacuation that Saturday."

Blanco: "And we're going to pray that the impact will soften."

Myers: "She and the mayor waited until Sunday, only 20 hours before Katrina came ashore, to order a mandatory evacuation, the first of what disaster experts and Louisiana insiders say were serious mistakes by the governor."

State Senator Donald Cravins (D-LA): "It certainly appeared that there was a lot of indecisiveness exhibited by the governor in the early stages of the disaster."

Myers: "A key criticism, the governor's slowness in requesting federal troops. She told the President she needed help, but it wasn't until Wednesday that she specifically asked for 40,000 troops. That day, in a whispered conversation with her staff caught on camera, the governor appears to second-guess herself."

Blanco: "I really need to call for the military."

Unidentified female aide: "Yes, you do. Yes, you do."

Blanco: "And I should have started that in the first call."

Myers: "Another key mistake, experts say, Blanco's lateness in getting the Louisiana National Guard, which she commands, on the streets to try to establish security."

Jane Bullock, Former Clinton FEMA Official: "It would have been better if it had happened sooner."

Myers: "And remember the chaos at the Convention Center? We now know there were at least 250 Guardsmen deployed in another part of that building. But they were engineers, not police, so they were not directed to help restore order or even to share their food and water."

Colonel Doug Mouton, Louisiana National Guard: "I think we would've hurt a lot of people if we'd tried to take that on."

Myers: "The governor would not say whether she made the decision not to use these troops, and tells NBC News that her state's response to Katrina was, quote, 'very well-planned' and 'executed with great precision and effectiveness.'"

Roy Fletcher, Louisiana Political Consultant: "How could any governor argue that they have done what they can do when people were left on an interstate without food and water for a week?"

Myers: "The governor has said she takes responsibility for what went wrong, but insists her biggest mistake was believing FEMA officials who told her help was on the way. Lisa Myers, NBC News, Washington."

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/node/2072#ixzz0yIwMxjke

How you like me now?

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Let's ask Ray Nagin and Kathleen Blanco, the people that were in charge of managing the Katrina fiasco from the start...

How you like me now?
Yep … they are all part of it also … all three were grossly negligent. :thumbsup:

But only one (1) was President of the United States. ;)

BAM … your move! :laughing:

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
Yep … they are all part of it also … all three were grossly negligent. :thumbsup:

But only one (1) was President of the United States. ;)

BAM … your move! :laughing:
And given the facts presented in the article above, where and how was Bush grossly negligent?

Support your claim or debunk the article, if you can. :laughing:

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Let's face it. The same 30% who still think Obama is the Messiah will never take a second look at their warped views of Bush and they will never stop parrotting the Dem line that Bush lied us into war. That's OK, they can group up on the two coasts, live in the past, and pretend they represent America while the rest of us live in reality and move forward.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Let's face it. The same 30% who still think Obama is the Messiah will never take a second look at their warped views of Bush and they will never stop parrotting the Dem line that Bush lied us into war. That's OK, they can group up on the two coasts, live in the past, and pretend they represent America while the rest of us live in reality and move forward.
You sir are 100% correct :thumbsup:

Thread killer :laughing:

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I don’t think Obama is a Messiah … I think he’s a Man, no different than any other President.

I don’t think he’s Hate America any more than George Bush did.

It’s just that I believe he’s more of a thinker, to his dis-credit, more the Bush.

I’m not say he’s smarter than Bush, I just think you has more invested in thought, before deciding.

The problem with Obama is that he’s trying too hard to be bi-partisan when the GOP has let it be known from the beginning, they will not support anything he does. They’re only purpose in office is to defeat Obama and any Democratic action at any cost to America.

I wish he would simply Govern the best he can, and let the chip fall where there may.

IMO :cheers:

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
If any (R)/Tea Bagger/conservative/neo-conservative even mentions Bush from now until until Novemeber, I suspect Move.On or any other *radical left-wing extremist code pinker types* will do this You Tube ...

1 - 20 of 59 Posts