Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have an opinion if two thousand over invoice is a decent deal on a new 08 vert? Car list for 66680 and offer is 62111. Any of you who have bought an 08 would appreciate your input.

·
Registered
546 Posts
sounds about right....guess you dont want a used z06 huh?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great cars (Zo6) but I am a rag-top man. I have a like new 07 Vic Red vert (1900 miles) that i am either going to have to sell or trade.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Great cars (Zo6) but I am a rag-top man. I have a like new 07 Vic Red vert (1900 miles) that i am either going to have to sell or trade.

Just curious...why the move so fast out of the 07 with only 1900 miles? She's still a puppy! Is it just the 08 improvements in HP and interior?

·
Supporting Dealer
10,438 Posts
Anyone have an opinion if two thousand over invoice is a decent deal on a new 08 vert? Car list for 66680 and offer is 62111. Any of you who have bought an 08 would appreciate your input.
Tarheeldoc,
I know I can help you on the 2008..sending one to Brevard , NC it will arrive tomorrow...

Thank-you for the consideration - email me
[email protected]

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
690 Posts
Red- I did pretty much the same thing- bought a 07 in July, sold it (for what I paid) with 3600 miles on it and bought a '08. I did it because the upgrades were worth it to me and b/c my '07 was a 1LT- I bought it b/c it was a good deal...I really wanted a 3LT +/- Z51, hence the sudden change...this is my "forever car" so I wanted it to be right.

Doc, I think that price is about right, might be able to do a little better at some of the bigger dealerships. When I was shopping around they were knocking anywhere from $3500-5000 off the sticker depending on the option package.

A

·
Only green will do...
18,403 Posts
dam you i am jealous good luck bro you will definetely enjoy it please post pictures when the baby arrives:thumbsup:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just curious...why the move so fast out of the 07 with only 1900 miles? She's still a puppy! Is it just the 08 improvements in HP and interior?
Red, Yes it is the new engine, exhaust, improved paddle. I also really like the new crystal red. I am goint to pair it with the two tone ebony and titanium.
There is nothing wrong at all with my current car, I love it, but I would think there will be no more major changes until the C-7 comes in 10.

This 4lt wrap does not do anything for me. The colors just don't seem right.

·
Banned
334 Posts
Tarheel Doc

WAIT TILL THEIR SECOND ALLOCATION IF YOU CAN STAND IT. SHOP AT LEAST 2 MORE DEALERS. I'm in New Bern. Check my info and e-mail me.

walter('08 guy)

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Red, Yes it is the new engine, exhaust, improved paddle. I also really like the new crystal red. I am goint to pair it with the two tone ebony and titanium.
There is nothing wrong at all with my current car, I love it, but I would think there will be no more major changes until the C-7 come in 10.

Sounds great! Please post some pictures when you get it as that's one of my favorite color combo options and I'm dying to see a good picture of the Crystal Red on a C6 verte. As an old "Mag Red" guy, I'm debating a smilar upgrade from my 04' verte. I love it, and it's a great car, however I really like the improvements in 08' and like you, I think this will be the last major change prior to the C7 release, with the exception of the SS, Stingray, Blue Devil or whatever it will be called. However that bad boy will be out of my price range.

As a year-round verte driver, I like the idea of the power retractable top. That's the one thing I wish I had on my C5. However, I still love the C5 lines....:partyon:

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
One more question....

What is the difference between the two-tone seat option and the 4LT leather wrap package? How cosmetically different are they?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
The big difference is $3500 dollars, But it is all leather dash included. IMO they could not have got the colors more wrong if they had worked for Ford.

Rick, My email is down and you don't receive Pm. I going down this am with my 07 and see what the difference will be . If it does not work out I will call you at the dealership.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I got the deal done 700 over (60811.18) and 50 for the 07. Suppose to be 4 to 6weeks. New order is 08 Conv. 89u Crystal Red metallic, 846 Ebony and Titanimm two tone, 3LT, MXO, Z51 with 2.73, NPP Exhaust, QX3 Chrome, List 66870.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I got the deal done 700 over (60811.18) and 50 for the 07. Suppose to be 4 to 6weeks. New order is 08 Conv. 89u Crystal Red metallic, 846 Ebony and Titanimm two tone, 3LT, MXO, Z51 with 2.73, NPP Exhaust, QX3 Chrome, List 66870.
Congrats! Please post pics of this beauty once you get it. :partyon:

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
My deal was invoice + $600.00 NET, out the door. I'm satisfied plus the fact that it was a local dealer made it very appealing.

Yes, I could have done better, but, airfair to pick it up plus the travel expenses driving it home totally negated trying to scrimp for a better deal.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Nicely done Doc- congrats- you're going to love it.

I was down your way yesterday- took 16 into Charlotte, wow there are some nice houses out there headed towards the mall.

Hit that thunderstorm though, which kind of put the damper on the fun...luckily we stopped right before the downpour started and put the targa on so we didn't get wet!

A

1 - 16 of 16 Posts