Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
buying an engine stand

buying an engine stand could be one of the most important purchaces youll ever make and your safety depends on knowing a few things
if its a three point stand like this one (I HIGHLY SUGGEST YOU GET A BETTER ONE, THESE FLIP AND GET PEOPLE SERIOUSLY INJURED ALL THE TIME)

do yourself a HUGE FAVOR, get a front cross leg made from 2"x2" box steel with steel caster wheel on the ends so it cant tip that are at least 4 feet long (longer than the picture shows) welded to the front tip of the leg to prevent the engine from flipping on you when tightening the mains and head bolts like the picture below

Ive got 4 like this, I feel they are the BEST deal and safest for the price

northern tool sells them for about $80 plus shipping

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=6970&langId=-1&catalogId=4006970&PHOTOS=on&TEST=Y&productId=19976
the few extra dollars you spend to get a better quality engine stand could save your life! Ive been seriously limited in what I can due for about a year with a crushed ankle, and Im going to need a second surgery to correct the injury so I know (NO I DID NOT GET INJURED IN THE SHOP, but by a slip on a resturant floor)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.