Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used BV Performance and would you recommend them for tuning. Thanks!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will/Patrick,

They are located in Willow Springs, IL. I would post the link to the website but not sure if we are allowed to post links so I won't at this time. :cool:

I heard they are one of the better LS1 tuners (I believe LT1/LT5s also) here in Chicagoland and I believe the Chicago Tribune had an article on them this past summer.

If I go ahead with the blower this Spring, I need to find a competent tuner as I will be running 7-8psi on my high compression heads.

If anyone has used BV Performance, please let me know your experience. Thanks.

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
TCC5 said:
Will/Patrick,

They are located in Willow Springs, IL. I would post the link to the website but not sure if we are allowed to post links so I won't at this time. :cool:
I'm sorry <smack / smack> do you think you are on some other forum?

POST THE LINK!!!

;)

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
TCC5 said:
Will/Patrick,

I heard they are one of the better LS1 tuners (I believe LT1/LT5s also) here in Chicagoland and I believe the Chicago Tribune had an article on them this past summer.

If I go ahead with the blower this Spring, I need to find a competent tuner as I will be running 7-8psi on my high compression heads.

If anyone has used BV Performance, please let me know your experience. Thanks.
I think Jim, aka Nitrovette, aka 422MTI Roadster has used him.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I know a guy over on the MFBA UBB. I believe BV did some tuning for him. Results were less than acceptable. To much timing, to lean and a busted crank.

Probably 10 good comments for every negative one but you might want to check with some other UBB's.

http://ubb.mfba.org/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi Try a search or post.

Good Luck.

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
Chalky said:
I know a guy over on the MFBA UBB. I believe BV did some tuning for him. Results were less than acceptable. To much timing, to lean and a busted crank.

Probably 10 good comments for every negative one but you might want to check with some other UBB's.

http://ubb.mfba.org/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi Try a search or post.

Good Luck.
It's good to hear stuff like this! Much like any other service I pretty much go by recommendations of others.

Let this thread go long enough and they'll be wearing a halo ... with a pitch fork in their right hand. :D

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
BV is who vettewrench started using. As far as I know, he did a great job of tuning. Bever heard about the busted crank, but it can happen.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Thanks for all the replies. Anyone else having experience with BV Performance....let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey Tom,

I have met him a few times. Email me (or call me , you know the #)or Nitro for the scoop :D
Call up Tom Izzo at Speed Inc. and ask him who he uses. :buhbye:

:thumbsup: howdy Chicago Crew

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Jim. I was talking to this guy at Truck Guy's car wash yesterday and said Intel55 also does tuning....but what does he know....this guy drives a Black 99 RT/10 Viper with Connelly Interior. :D I think his name was Jennis or something. You might have met him....he was doing this all day long at the car wash :excited:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
10 Posts
TCC5 said:
Thanks Jim. I was talking to this guy at Truck Guy's car wash yesterday and said Intel55 also does tuning....but what does he know....this guy drives a Black 99 RT/10 Viper with Connelly Interior. :D I think his name was Jennis or something. You might have met him....he was doing this all day long at the car wash :excited:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
ahahah I think Pennis is going to slap you around tonight :D :D
I will have to get that cable and then I can fry errr fix your pcm for ya MMMWWWHAAHAHAH
:thumbsup: :nuts:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Brain at BV Performance pretty much knows what he is doing
He has tunned a freind of mines Z-28 and took the time to do it, there was some issues with his car (Timing, shift Points, Fans, Ect.), and Brian met him at the track to help fine tune the car. I mean businesses and tuners will never get 100% satisfaction from some customers, some are just never satisfied, and yes for every bad story you might hear 10 good stories. I have heard of the timing issue with Brian also, but believe he has figured it out were to set it up. I would think he would be in the top 10 Tuners and the other nice thing is he is local!!!

From what I know, LS1SPEED has started tuning in house and has not been using BVPERFORMANCE or at least not as much.

Hope this helps

1 - 20 of 22 Posts