Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was out this morning in the vette, just heading from point A to B, normal stuff, when a godawefully painted (looked like a custom car from Forza 2 video game,grey in color,red sideviews,roof is some nutty design and it has an AMG(?) emblem on the panel)Mini S came buzzing up beside me, getting on and off the throttle...I'm thinking WTF?:crazy: .

·
Registered
677 Posts
I guess i'll say good....kill....:smack and good job keeping it safe:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
That was a funny story.

Don't you love it when those types of cars sound like all hell is breaking loose and they are barely accelerating faster than a mini van.....GREAT STORY!

:laughing:

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
The funny thing, is that he probably would have taken me......:spanked:

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Is that a kill or is that kind of like swatting a fly? You have to say one thing for the boy. He is just as proud of his cooper as you are of the vet...It all boils down to your both car guys...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Is that a kill or is that kind of like swatting a fly? You have to say one thing for the boy. He is just as proud of his cooper as you are of the vet...It all boils down to your both car guys...:thumbsup:
That is very diplomatic of you.........:thumbsup:

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was original, I'll say that. I've never seen a cooper with more "stuff" painted on it. I normally wouldn't post such a easy kill, as I like to tangle with the big boys, but I thought it was pretty entertaining. BTW, anyone know if the "amg" emblem is a stock thing or just a mod the owner did? AMG is mercedes, right?

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
It was original, I'll say that. I've never seen a cooper with more "stuff" painted on it. I normally wouldn't post such a easy kill, as I like to tangle with the big boys, but I thought it was pretty entertaining. BTW, anyone know if the "amg" emblem is a stock thing or just a mod the owner did? AMG is mercedes, right?
Yeah, AMG is Merc. I know that since BMW owns Mini, DINAN does a wicked mini package.

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
I love these stories there good for the sport. I have gotten so bored since we Bought the Z06 I have to go to the track just to get some one to race me. Thats a good thing I guess. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
I live close to UCF, so there are a lot of import tuners driving around near where I live. What I've noticed is they are likely to want to test my C5Z. But, my big block C3's they don't mess with. They've probably beat some C4's and figured the C5's or C6's are the same.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
AMG is Merc as pointed out. I'd just like to add that Merc and BMW are mortal enemies. Think Ford v. Chevy, but with more cold-blooded Teutonic condescension.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I live close to UCF, so there are a lot of import tuners driving around near where I live. What I've noticed is they are likely to want to test my C5Z. But, my big block C3's they don't mess with. They've probably beat some C4's and figured the C5's or C6's are the same.
That's interesting. I live in SoCal and am almost perpetually harassed by tuners of various levels in my C3. I don't have a BB, but I do have a genuinely naughty LSx. Sometimes I almost feel guilty . . . almost.:devil:

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I love these stories there good for the sport. I have gotten so bored since we Bought the Z06 I have to go to the track just to get some one to race me. Thats a good thing I guess. :thumbsup:
That is a good thing really, since it is only a matter of seconds between goofing off and lethal speeds. But, if you ever get a hankering to fool around against some naughty cars, SoCal is the place for variety. I suppose TX must be up there for muscle cars. Just tell your significant others you're going on a hunting trip.:laughing:

·
Registered
19,914 Posts

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I get the same "silliness" from all sorts of cars like that. I "typically" give them the universal sign for money (index finger rubbing on thumb) and that makes them go away.
This is way off subject, but I wonder who else in the world uses this hand gesture for money. The Japanese put their index finger to their thumb in a circle and extend the other three fingers. Imagine giving the a-okay sign, but dropping your hand down to show the circle formed by the index and thumb. The circle represents a coin, whereas our gesture represents two bills being rubbed together. Anyway, just some trivia.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I see a red with white stripes MC Type S (whatever that is :laughing: ) on a regular basis during my commute. I'm in my daily driver (Acura) and the traffic is usually mild to heavy and this guy is constantly weaving in/out of traffic trying to find the "secret fast lane" that no one else knows about. Anway, after passing him five or six times each day as he eventually ends up on the "slow lane", I realized how small that car is. I'm sure they are pretty quick due to lack of overall weight, however there would be no way I could pinch my 6'2" frame in that roller skate!

Nice kill!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts