Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there a prefered brand of code reader?

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
I don't have a preferred code reader. I know it's more than a code reader but I think the Auto Xray is pretty cool. If thats not handy I have a jumper wire w/ the alligator clips in my glove box so I can pull codes anytime.

·
Registered
509 Posts
War Machine said:
I don't have a preferred code reader. I know it's more than a code reader but I think the Auto Xray is pretty cool. If thats not handy I have a jumper wire w/ the alligator clips in my glove box so I can pull codes anytime.
Yup.. I use a paper clip to jump the A and B terminals on GM ODBI vehicles..

-Rick

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,746 Posts
VetteTech81 said:
Yup.. I use a paper clip to jump the A and B terminals on GM ODBI vehicles..

-Rick
I know it works but that's really what I call high tech.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I use PCM com on my 95. It will read codes and monitor various drivetrain functions using a laptop. Then use LT1 Edit to do the PCM changes.

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
the paper clip is good for pulling the codes.i also use Auto X-ray.the enhanced version lets you monitor everything going on.i've never used it on a OBD 1 car,i'm sure it reads everthing the same,it just takes a different cord.this tool is how i found out my timing was only 16.5*degrees at WOT.should be 28 to 30*.awesome tool,on sale at checkers auto for $250 bucks.i scan the car once a week now.has minor smog tests and results for your car,o2 sensor tests,to much to list,
www.autoxray.com :smokin:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts