Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought New Tires At The Tire Rack Last Week. The Stock Runflat Supercar Tires Had Given Up The Ghost. The Price On The Stock Runflats Was 1800$ Before Installation. I Wanted To Try A Non Run Flat And Went With The Michelin Ps2 In Stock Sizes. Wow!! A Huge Reduction In Tire Noise And A Big Improvement In Ride Quality! The Tires Cost 1300$. I Will Not Buy A Runflat Ever Again. Iam Going To Purchase The Conticomfort Kit From The Tirerack 80$ That Is A Compact Tire Inflation Kit With Liquid Sealer. Tire Rack Tells Me The Liquid Sealant Will Not Clog Up The Tire Pressure Sensors And Will Simply Peel Off When The Tire Is Removed For Repair. Besides, If You Drive On A Runflat Any Significant Amount Of Distance With No Air Pressure, You Run A High Chance Of Ruining The Tire And Having To Replace It. No Thanks. Iam Very Happy With The Non Runflat Ps2's.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I bought Michellin PS2's last year for my '02 Z. I had the stock Goodyear SC tires that were not run-flats on my Z and went with the PS2's(also from Tire Rack). The traction is way better than the stock tires, and the noise reduction at speed is a terrific bonus. :cheers:

·
Banned
972 Posts
Love my ps2s
they stick like glue

·
Caution: Car melts in Rain
4,151 Posts
this is going to sound really noobish so please excuse it.

Right now on street pressure (34F 32R cold) the upwards of my rear tires traction is about 2k rpm with a mild slip, where would that # go to with PS2s also at street psi (i know you must go lower for the drag strip) Turning i can take a nice asphalt curve at about 70mph creating 1.17Gs as told by my vtech, where would that figure increase to with ps2s.

Also what is meant by stickier? Like more confidence?
Thanks guys

·
Registered
713 Posts
Bought New Tires At The Tire Rack Last Week. The Stock Runflat Supercar Tires Had Given Up The Ghost. The Price On The Stock Runflats Was 1800$ Before Installation. I Wanted To Try A Non Run Flat And Went With The Michelin Ps2 In Stock Sizes. Wow!! A Huge Reduction In Tire Noise And A Big Improvement In Ride Quality! The Tires Cost 1300$. I Will Not Buy A Runflat Ever Again. Iam Going To Purchase The Conticomfort Kit From The Tirerack 80$ That Is A Compact Tire Inflation Kit With Liquid Sealer. Tire Rack Tells Me The Liquid Sealant Will Not Clog Up The Tire Pressure Sensors And Will Simply Peel Off When The Tire Is Removed For Repair. Besides, If You Drive On A Runflat Any Significant Amount Of Distance With No Air Pressure, You Run A High Chance Of Ruining The Tire And Having To Replace It. No Thanks. Iam Very Happy With The Non Runflat Ps2's.
Thanks for the info.a buddy of mine with a 2002 wants to get rid of his run-flats also.I will pass this info onto him...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the traction imo is better. i dont think that i get anywhere near the wheel hop that i used to get with the stock runflats. again, i just cant believe the reduction in tire noise and the increase in ride quality. iam very happy with the decision to go with the michelin ps2's.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Don't forget that even new stock runflats will be significantly softer, quieter and handle better, than hardened old oem's.
I'm going with the new Firestone runflats in the near future. My flat tire history has not been good, and I will not give up the runflat security.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The stock EMT tires on the F55 equipped C6 are indeed noisy. I recently installed GY F1 GS-D3s (non EMT) on my '05 GTO - tire noise dropped at least 10dB. I understand this tire comes in an EMT config for the C6, and will consider that option before turning my wife out on the road with a pump & a can of sealant (oh yeah, and OnStar:rolling: ) . Does anyone here have the GS-D3s?

regards, billb....

·
Registered
46 Posts
My 91 ZR1 had GY GSC or GCS can't remember, my 02 vert had GY runflats from factory, replaced ZR1 couple years ago & 02 vert last year. I put Michelin Pilots on both & am so glad I did, ride much better & quieter. :thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts