Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the sport seat option in my '90 that are adjustable in every direction known to man, and then some. The switches on the seat itself to adjust lumbar, side supports and tilt back have died. I can not find this in any part store. Does this mean it is a dealer part, and will it cost me lost of money? Would it be easier to take the switch apart and clean the contacts? OR, has this part been discontinued and I cannot get it anymore?

Thanks

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Try taking it apart and cleaning it. I have some old sport seats at the house. I'll see if the switches are still in them.

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
I think you'll probably have to go with a used parts source like Vette2Vette, Tabor Corvette parts, or Art's Corvette parts. You could also search on eBay.

I'm assuming you've performed sufficient troubleshooting to ensure that it's the switch and not something else.

Good luck!

Steven

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
the Switches are $70+ EACH!!!

you can clean the contacts and then they should work..
Is that cost for new or used, and what's the source?

I have a buddy with an '87, and his seat controls aren't just dirty - they're physically broken!

Steven

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I'm pretty sure its the switch I took it out and it was all corroded on the bottom. If cleaning doesnt work is there someone who may have some laying around they would be willing to sell?

·
Registered
674 Posts
I had a problem with my switches awhile back, I was able to take it apart and clean everything up fairly easily. It works great now.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The wires on the pass. one are clipped on to the switch but on the drivers side they are soldered. I dont know if it came this way or if someone messed with it before I got the car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts