Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are used seats available and most are probably from wrecked cars but some must be from people who changed to different better seats. What is a better seat for the C-5 / C-6? My C-5 seats are just not that comfortable, thinking of changing seats but thought I would ask what the options are. Any experience on this?

·
Registered
337 Posts
I know there are used seats available and most are probably from wrecked cars but some must be from people who changed to different better seats. What is a better seat for the C-5 / C-6? My C-5 seats are just not that comfortable, thinking of changing seats but thought I would ask what the options are. Any experience on this?
For manually adjustable seats the Corbeau A4 is a good choice. Good looking, good support and quite economical. Carravaggio makes some outstanding seats that are both comfortable, racey looking, and utilize factory controls. Actually they are designed around the architecture of the factory seat but much, much better. You get what you pay for :cheers:

·
Registered
594 Posts
I was lookin' at a set of black leather Corbeaus...you can buy both seats for the price of new leather covers and foam...tough choice! I'm still trying to decide which way to go...

·
Registered
142 Posts
Do the after-markets actually replace any of the electronics/mechanics? I've been through 2 sets of rails already because I would get a forward rocking motion in the seats after time. I don't really move them much anymore because I'm afraid of wearing everything out again this time not under warranty.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Do the after-markets actually replace any of the electronics/mechanics? I've been through 2 sets of rails already because I would get a forward rocking motion in the seats after time. I don't really move them much anymore because I'm afraid of wearing everything out again this time not under warranty.
Corbeau seats have their own manual rails & mounting hardware which must be purchased seperately, but very inexpensive. The "rocking seat" fix can be done to repair your factory seats. Basically you replace some worn plastic bushings with several steel washers and you will never have the issue again. If you do a search on Corvette Forum under "rocking seat fix", I believe it will come up. If you can't find it PM me and I'll try to find it for you :cheers:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Here Ya Go :cheers: This would be a great stickie if there is a place for it :thumbsup:

http://www.lieblweb.com/TechLinks/CorvetteSeatFix/C5SeatFix.htm

·
Registered
720 Posts
Caravaggio GT's

·
Registered
337 Posts
Caravaggio GT's
Do these work with factory rails and/or electronics, or are they manual only. Most importantly, are they comfortable. They ceratainly look outstanding and would hold you in place well :cheers:

·
Registered
720 Posts
Yes, seat controls are retained, just bolt in. No recline of course, but I don't miss it at all. Very comfortable, better be 200 lbs., or under!

Frank

·
Registered
337 Posts
Yes, seat controls are retained, just bolt in. No recline of course, but I don't miss it at all. Very comfortable, better be 200 lbs., or under!

Frank
Thanks Frank :cheers:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts