Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Can anyone tell me what to do to the suspension or whatever to make my 1982 sound more solid when hitting bumps etc.
I saw they have a new complete suspension kit,but I don't want to spend alot of cash. Is it possible to anything and note spend alot of money?
Thanks, Jim

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey Jim, pretty much anything in that direction won't be cheap, even a set of shocks will set you back some coin. About the only way I know but don't recommend for the rear is to use shorter bolts. If you do this make sure to use grade 8 bolts. It will also raise the rear of the car. I bit the bullet and went for a complete front and rear kit for my 79 from VBP and was amazed at the difference. Where I used to cringe going over certain highway dips, now I just keep my foot in it.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Pay careful attention to the noise and look for loose things in the car. Often bump noise isn't suspension related, more like poor fitting doors or T tops, maybe a barely loose spare tire, a bad body mount bushing, etc. Improving suspension can reduce noise by reducing the jarring motion, but the cheapest way is almost always to refit/repair what's banging. Exhaust systems are the #1 culprit and it only takes one tiny contact point to drive ya crazy

good luck!

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
good set of springs, 550s in the front and a fiberglass 360 spring in the rear and some billstien shocks and you got a pretty stiff ride. then later on finish it off with some sway bars

1 - 6 of 6 Posts