Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post how you think it can be improved or taken advantage of. Basically anything that has to do with air and a C3.

Jphil could you post your pics also?

I'll give a few ideas as starters:

Has anyone though about adding a front spoiler to improve down force?

Also say I want to use a tranny cooler in the rear or add rear brake ducts. Where would you put the naca ducts or scoops to force air into them. Or would you just run blowers.

I was thinking a lexan window to go in the passenger window that had naca ducts.

Could that upset the balance though?

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
I am just a street hot rodder, don't drive any really high speed races, etc....don't even bother auto cross as I not that good at it, honestly....

but I know my car can hit 150 with top and windows down,...and at that point I lift, me chicken....that's life....

car is hanging in there far faster than I can....

look at pix on my site, as well has here....see the front end....
free flowing aluminum grill, no front spoiler to hit curbs and other assorted BS problems....

with the Dual Spal fans, the cheeep 160 buck radiator don't overheat under any circumstances....

all that crap about damn air dams is just that, for racers only...not to matter a whit damn to a street machine....

I put that crap down as something a ricer would do....what they call it'???

affects??? bunch of stupid looking plastic supposed to make a friggin' airplane out of a car or summfin???

get REAL....

knock the stock stuff outta the way, decrease style stuff that stops air flow, put coolers/induction where it belongs....cut the weight where ever possible/cheeply/safely.......and if you not happy with ~400 hp out of a 350 ci engine and a/c flowing in humid Florida summers....well, go buy a C6 or C7 .......:cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wouldn't be looking in to it if it was drove on the street. ;)

I also would also like to keep it as stock appearing as possible.

·
Registered
550 Posts
There are many racing examples...

IMHO:

Aerodynamics are not a significant term in the performance equation at normal AutoX speeds. Some AutoX Courses are run at abandoned airfields or race tracks so they can generate some straight line speed but cornering speed is generally much more sedate.

You'd be better off getting some quality suspension parts and the best tires/brakes you can afford and get to the track. Get a year of seat time and then you'll know what mods you want to make.

Often the production based motorcycles with good setup, tires , and brakes were faster than the "superbikes" as only a few had the resources/knowledge/tuning capability to baseline/measure/improve the factory setup.

FWIW

1 - 4 of 4 Posts