Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about buying a shark, 1976 to 82 range seem to be reasonably priced still. How would you rate C3's in this vintage as everyday drivers. Any and all opinions/thoughts/help welcome. T.I.A.

·
DC Crew
3,482 Posts
i bought my 79 as a daily driver. have had her 3 years. yes i have had problems, but i think it is mainly because i drive the car very hard. i would definately do it again.

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
cruzr said:
Thinking about buying a shark, 1976 to 82 range seem to be reasonably priced still. How would you rate C3's in this vintage as everyday drivers. Any and all opinions/thoughts/help welcome. T.I.A.
Sharks, can be a blast to drive. I think it all depends on what you start with. If you get a car in excellent mechanical shape, it could be a fine daily driver.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
175 Posts
I hade my 77 for 5 years first 2 years was in pretty bad shape but they are always driveable.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
My 72 is a semi daily driver. I use it a lot in the non snow months.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Hey, C3's were daily drivers when they came out.... they should be fine daily drivers now. Assuming you keep it in good condition mechanically.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks everyone for your input. Now all I need to do is find a great buy on a nice one. Been watching the local paper and and other forum. Is it possible to find anything really nice below 10 grand? Or should I wait until I can afford to pay more? Im thinking about 80 to 82 model, but not ruleing out others yet.. Any input would be appreciated.:buhbye:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cruzr said:
Thanks everyone for your input. Now all I need to do is find a great buy on a nice one. Been watching the local paper and and other forum. Is it possible to find anything really nice below 10 grand? Or should I wait until I can afford to pay more? Im thinking about 80 to 82 model, but not ruleing out others yet.. Any input would be appreciated.:buhbye:
I can answer my own question after looking. All Im finding is junk and smooth talkers in local area.

:(

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Keep your antenna up. Nice C3's are out there. A guy at work bought a really nice 76 from Decatur, IL two weeks ago for $7900.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks BTG, Im not going to get in a rush to buy, just waiting for the right one. Ive read of it taking several guys years to find what they wanted. :laughing:

·
Registered
142 Posts
cruzr said:
I bought one for a driver 10 years ago and still have it. It is one of the best drivers I have ever had, and still to this day I put lots of miles on it. There are some nice C3's still out there and if you take your time you won't be sorry. Good luck :thumbsup:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Ray, that makes me feel much better. A few people have told me to forget about a 25 to 30 year old car and go with a C4. They have a good point: less miles, same price,newer technology, more H.P. , creature comforts. That all makes sense... but fhere is something special about the body lines of the stingrays and sharks. JMHO but C4'S dont have that for me. I could say more, but would need to get out the flame suit.:laughing:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Really there is nothing wrong with the C4s but if the C3s is your liking then go for it and don't worry what others think:thumbsup:

·
Banned
291 Posts
My 81 is my only car.

Are there more powerful cars out there. Yes
Are the more comfortable cars out there. Yes
Are there more reliable cars out there. Yes
Would I trade mine for one. NO!!!!!!!!!!!

I've had it for 7 months, and its not failed to get me home yet.

·
Registered
142 Posts
81 Corvette said:
My 81 is my only car.

Are there more powerful cars out there. Yes
Are the more comfortable cars out there. Yes
Are there more reliable cars out there. Yes
Would I trade mine for one. NO!!!!!!!!!!!

I've had it for 7 months, and its not failed to get me home yet.
You are right on all of the accounts above, and I'm with you it has always got me home to!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the post 81, and welcome to the forum. Looking forward to seeing photo's of your vette. I had a C1 many years ago, and a C5 now. But always thought the stingray & sharks looked so cool. They just look bad azz even sitting still. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
27 Posts
daily drivers

Hey guys, just returned from a trip to Lansing Michigan and there is a classic dealership up there. I seen some very nice vettes priced under 10,000 there and thought you guys would enjoy the link. Its Holt auto sales at www.holtautosales.com

·
Registered
142 Posts
Re: daily drivers

mytoy74 said:
Hey guys, just returned from a trip to Lansing Michigan and there is a classic dealership up there. I seen some very nice vettes priced under 10,000 there and thought you guys would enjoy the link. Its Holt auto sales at www.holtautosales.com
Thanks for the info.:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts