Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a C3 clock. Part catalogs have them for around 190 which is highway robbery. Anyone know of a source for less? Or does anyone have one for sale?

·
DC Crew
3,083 Posts
I bought the quarts conversion kit for my 1972 clock was a easy job and works finally after maybe 20 years stopped at 12:15
can not remeber the price for the kit and cant find the paper work now >
the place is great to work with and the owner owns a corvette **

http://clocksandgauges.com/index.html

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Post a Want Ad in the Parts For Sale section.

The quartz conversion is cheap and fine if you do not intend to have the car judged. If you are considering future judging, stick with the old GM points type clock.

You can have your original rebuilt/restored.

FWIW: my original 68 clock had stopped working. It needed a replacement stem, so I cleaned it, installed the stem, ran a separate ground to it, and it's run ever since.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
333 Posts
Just note if you don't keep the battery up or don't disconnect it when in storage . You will burn up the quartz movement clocks.

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
lol a little off topic but when I saw the title to this thread, I read G3 Glock replacement....either its time to get my eyes checked or I need to spend less time at the range lol

anyway, I would think the conversions have the lifespan of any typical quartz clock but I could be wrong

·
Registered
333 Posts
Wondering what the life span of quartz conversions is. How long did yours last?
I had a bad habit of not maintaing the battery in winter storage so the low voltage took out the quartz clock. Maybe lasted 2 yrs. I am now back with my stock clock and it works very well. Most of the time all they ever need is a good cleaning of the contacts and a little lube

1 - 8 of 8 Posts