1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Awesome buddy :cheers:

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
nice :) i'm just gonna download the zip (nice bandwidth on the server, 1mb/s download)

·
DC Pit Crew
10,260 Posts
:thumbsup:

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
i do believe that the ignition switch is mislabeled as the beam selector switch on the '77 schematic

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
I'll add my $.02 here. If you're chasing an electrical problem and the circuit you're following runs from one page to another, print the diagrams as big as you can, then line up the wire runs and tape the pages together. Use a hilighter and trace that wire- color of the hilight makes no difference, you can see what color the wire is on the print. Doing that, you can find exactly where the wire starts and ends, how many connectors or devices are inline.

I've been chasing aircraft wiring this way for longer than I want to recall- some of those run across more than 2 or 3 pages..Hasn't missed yet.

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
i love doing that on the modern military vehicles, some of the trucks go 5-6 different sheets, and some of them average 3 sheets per circuit :thud:

·
Registered
148 Posts
:thumbsup: Awesome find:partyon:

If you're chasing an electrical problem and the circuit you're following runs from one page to another, print the diagrams as big as you can, then line up the wire runs and tape the pages together. Use a hilighter and trace that wire- color of the hilight makes no difference, you can see what color the wire is on the print. Doing that, you can find exactly where the wire starts and ends, how many connectors or devices are inline.
Thanks for the tip. This will certainly help track down the numerous electrical gremlins that these cars have.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Fantastic find; I 've saved the one for my year, and will take the file on a stick to a printing facility, to have them printed twice as large; then have them laminated.

Have been looking for this for some time, and find them just here as a sticky.
Thanks for this invaluable info, not available on this side of the Atlantic.

Cor

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
I have the GM assembly manual for my 81 and it

still looks like a nightmare to me. The manual has

every wire and it is still hard to find where they

all go.

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Looks like the link to all the wiring diagrams is gone :(

·
Registered
407 Posts
MOST helpful for my Restro/Mod-thing. Even though I have an aftermarket "kit" this will be nice to have for comparison.
Kudos to you for finding it!

Cheers - Jim

·
Registered
93 Posts
Just click the link, and take your pick from the list, it still works, I tried it again.
Do you have a problem with your browser perhaps?
Cor

·
Registered
3 Posts
Still not there

I just purchased my first corvette! An '81, but there's some electrical problems. Does anyone else on here have the diagrams that they are willing to share or post on this site?

Thanks

1 - 20 of 21 Posts