Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
DC Crew
4,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just thought I would give some updates on my 69 aka "Killer". Okay, maybe I am bragging a bit as well. Anyway, I just finished the Richmond six speed swap. OMG! It is the single most amazing mod I have done to the car. I can't believe the difference in all around performance, driveability...etc. It is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! If you are on the fence about doing this mod, I can say without a doubt...DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!

It is going to set you back between $3,300 and $4,000 depending on how much fab work you can do yourself, and whether or not you replace your clutch and other parts while you are in there.

Second thing....I found out something interesting about my Edebrock Pro Flo multi port EFI.

In order to make it work, you have to take a standard distributor, and fix the upper portion so that there is no movement on the rotor where the old vacuum advance would have activated it.

Well. Early on I set it in place, drilled and put two rivets in there. I meant to come back and tack weld it. I forgot to do this. I forgot all about it.

I have had some strange little driveablity issues with the car, more so in the last couple of months (surging, bucking, kicking back through the intake).

I just installed one of those cool correct cap HEI caps so that all my wires come out in order. While I did, I had to lift the distributor and reindex it by one tooth. Low and behold, the rivets fell out!!!!!!! The upper plate was loose!!!!!!!

So, I welded it solid, and slapped it all back together.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! I took the car for spin right after....and the mother in laws first ride. I think her knuckles are still bright white from holding on for dear life.

Sorry for the book....but, I am thrilled with the progress!

Oh...the alternator blew out, so I am going to get it rebuilt today. It is one of those fancy high polished units.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Sounds like the Killer is now Perfect! With the BB torque and and the 1:1 fifth and 2,73 rear my 79 is also great fun, and at highway speeds it is at its best. In my next project I will put the 6 speed to my list! Take care Chris, drive safely!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Glad to hear it's all come together for you Chris. Hope to see and hear Killer in person one day. Have a beer for me at Octobervettes next weekend for me with Scott.

Bob

·
DC Crew
4,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jlreyna said:
Are your headlight kits ready for turnkey installations?
Yes...and no.

I have had the bracket set precision mass produced and can be purchased with the mounting hardware for $125 plus $4.95 shipping. I actually eat a few dollars on the shipping, but it all works out in the wash.

The installer will then purchase the electric motors, switch, module, and wires seperate from a vendor of their choice. You can also buy used parts if you are willing to surf ebay or the local junk yard, and save hundreds of dollars.

You can see more on my website under the killer lights tab.

We also just made a discovery about using the 93-97 firebird module. If you use that, you don't have to buy a new headlight switch. So, that saves a few dollars as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts