·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm gonna bump the compression with RPM heads, and sometime install a 200R od tranny.

I've been working on a self designed plenum for a Performer manifold. Actually the 2nd version. I've routed the intake runners differently and have so much more vacuum draw to the carb now that I'm re-engineering the air bleeds. During October and November it would cruise just on air bleed idle gas to 35 mph. With an out of the box manifold it would start using throtle jet gas at 25-30 mph.

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
biltogo said:
I'm gonna bump the compression with RPM heads, and sometime install a 200R od tranny.

I've been working on a self designed plenum for a Performer manifold. Actually the 2nd version. I've routed the intake runners differently and have so much more vacuum draw to the carb now that I'm re-engineering the air bleeds. During October and November it would cruise just on air bleed idle gas to 35 mph. With an out of the box manifold it would start using throtle jet gas at 25-30 mph.
Wow! You are very talented, Rudy. What is the most MPG you can expect to get out of her?

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
biltogo said:

WOW!!! I wish I knew how to figure that out!

Have you considered going the FI route? I have a little experience with installing FI into older vehicles, including my Jeep and a LT1 into a C3.

If you need a hand, I'll help out as much as I can, just holler.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Tim, I have kind of a secret ambition to get the same cruising mileage as an FI car. I'll keep pecking away at it. Actually my plenum design mimmicks an FI manifold principle. If you looked at the chart I made, you'll see that it's not impossible.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
I noticed some of the mpg ratings were equal to those of a FI car. If everything works out like you plan, I would patent your design and try selling it. You could be the next Edelbrock or Weiand!! That would be cool.

·
I use man gel
4,402 Posts
i had about 22mpg on the highway with a 327 holley 600 and 3.08 gears.

i changed carbs and now i dropped down to about 17mpg (if i keep my foot out of it)

·
Registered
56 Posts
BubbleHead said:
......If everything works out like you plan, I would patent your design and try selling it. You could be the next Edelbrock or Weiand!! That would be cool.
That's great. I will order 10,000 Regelin's and run old man Edelbrock right out of business!:D

Nothing like gettin in on the ground floor. :excited:

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :cheers:

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Rich's75 said:
That's great. I will order 10,000 Regelin's and run old man Edelbrock right out of business!:D

Nothing like gettin in on the ground floor. :excited:
ME TOO!!! I'm ready to be rich!:laughing:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts