Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
'92 LT1 6spd '77 4spd
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Working on my '77 restomod and gonna upgrade the rear suspension. My favorite is Detroit Speed's Decalink ..
The down side there is the $$$, especially by the time you come up with the required additions of wheels and brakes.
I was hoping NOT to pull the body as I'm short on space but realize it might have to be done anyhow. There's an entire C4 rear that's been collecting dust in the shop and have lots of fabrication tools, and a set of 4" ZL1 flares that hasn't yet been installed. Wondering if anyone has swapped in a C4 rear and if so, how it's worked out so far and how much of an improvement it is. Also have an uninstalled coil over front suspension which lowers it around 2", so hafta do the same out back. Any other thoughts would be much appreciated!

thanks.
bill

·
Supporting Vendor
3,785 Posts
I believe those are setup to use the stock iron diff with their axles or one of their diff's. It's an involved build and going that distance you don't want to use a plain jane diff with the weakness they have. A diff built to your application will last over a stock diff. Does your application require a system like this?

·
Registered
'92 LT1 6spd '77 4spd
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe those are setup to use the stock iron diff with their axles or one of their diff's. It's an involved build and going that distance you don't want to use a plain jane diff with the weakness they have. A diff built to your application will last over a stock diff. Does your application require a system like this?
My application? I'm at the point where I can do involved builds so that's not a problem unless I'm going to need lots of extra space. Does this mean you haven't swapped in a C4 rear?

thanks,
bill

·
Supporting Vendor
3,785 Posts
Hi Bill
I am going to build a super 10 for one of those but I don't install the full kit as you are doing. I was just curious at the end use of the car that it would require this kit.

·
Registered
'92 LT1 6spd '77 4spd
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Bill
I am going to build a super 10 for one of those but I don't install the full kit as you are doing. I was just curious at the end use of the car that it would require this kit.
Hi Gary-
Thanks for writing-
I'm afraid you've got me at quite a disadvantage as I've no clue what a "Super 10" is!
b

·
Supporting Vendor
3,785 Posts

·
Registered
'92 LT1 6spd '77 4spd
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1 - 7 of 7 Posts