Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are they any aftermarket companies that offer better suspension parts for C3 (75)? Might be doing some autocross if I ever get the car going. There has to be some company offering better parts.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
I don't know if there is an autocross car specific kit, but you can certainly make some changes that will help.

Poly bushings.
Larger front anti sway bar.
Rear anti sway bar.
Tubular upper and lower A-arms.
Quality shock / spring combination.
Wheel / tire package.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You're kidding? Right?

Yeah, sure, whatever.:WTF

The stock stamped trailing arms are crap for track use as are most stock parts.

D_BI don't know if there is an autocross car specific kit, but you can certainly make some changes that will help.
Wasn't looking for autocroos specific but just better than stock replacement parts.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Do a search. There is a ton of info on suspension, steering, wheel/tire, and brake upgrades. Lots of different aftermarket companies too: VB&P, Global West, VanSteel, SpeedDirect, etc...

I love autocrossing my vette. Be careful though, its addicting :partyon:

·
Registered
19,476 Posts

The stock stamped trailing arms are crap for track use as are most stock parts.

Try the search function. ;)
There are threads upon threads about this here.
Try a Google search on "Corvette Parts"...There are dozens of aftermarket venders available.

You come on as a new member and start posting simplistic questions without even running a search and then have the nerve to WTF existing members?? :WTF

Maybe take a looksy at the left side of the screen as to all the supporting venders here?

"Are they any aftermarket companies that offer better suspension parts for C3 (75)? "

Gee, I don't know? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's not a hard question to answer for company name that makes upgraded parts from people that have used them but apparently it's easier to just come up with a smart ass "you're kidding"?..just sayin

Who says I didn't search? I did some searching but going through every vendor is a pain and most of them only carry let model stuff or stock parts.
I might be new to DC but not dat dere inter web thing ;)

·
Registered
237 Posts
It's not a hard question to answer for company name that makes upgraded parts from people that have used
Maybe your initial question could have been worded that way....."I want to autocross my vette and use proven products, spending the money once....what have you guys tried and found worth the $$$"

·
Registered
366 Posts
Try the search function. ;)
There are threads upon threads about this here.
Try a Google search on "Corvette Parts"...There are dozens of aftermarket venders available.

You come on as a new member and start posting simplistic questions without even running a search and then have the nerve to WTF existing members?? :WTF

Maybe take a looksy at the left side of the screen as to all the supporting venders here?

"Are they any aftermarket companies that offer better suspension parts for C3 (75)? "

Gee, I don't know? :rolleyes:
:agree: Joining a forum and coming on with an attitude is the wrong way to make friends and influence people. I could name 2 or 3 vendors off the top of my head that sell the parts that he is looking for, but I won't do it because of the attitude. I happen to have one of the suspensions on my car and could describe the handling characteristics in detail, but again I don't feel inclined to do it.

:cheers:

Rick B.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Maybe your initial question could have been worded that way....."I want to autocross my vette and use proven products, spending the money once....what have you guys tried and found worth the $$$"
Yeah, may have caused less drama.

Joining a forum and coming on with an attitude is the wrong way to make friends and influence people. I could name 2 or 3 vendors off the top of my head that sell the parts that he is looking for, but I won't do it because of the attitude. I happen to have one of the suspensions on my car and could describe the handling characteristics in detail, but again I don't feel inclined to do it.
I didn't come on with an attitude. Getting wise ass responses may have prompted an attitude though

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
It's not a hard question to answer for company name that makes upgraded parts from people that have used them but apparently it's easier to just come up with a smart ass "you're kidding"?..just sayin

Who says I didn't search? I did some searching but going through every vendor is a pain and most of them only carry let model stuff or stock parts.
I might be new to DC but not dat dere inter web thing ;)
It's not hard to run the search function either. :thumbsup:
Read up on all the good threads here where members have allready done what your trying to do instead of starting a new one just to see your self type.

To answer your simplistic question....YES! :thumbsup:

You've had a half dozen members, with the exact suspension mods you're wanting to do, now respond. Have you gotten the info you wanted?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:cheers:

Yep, I have a few specific places to look now. Thanks to all that replied.
Didn't come here to start any drama.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
VBandP offers some of the more popular kits with different setups costing different amounts :)

forgive and forget guys :) no point in being angry at your keyboard or the screen eh? :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
10,260 Posts
wow, this really escalated quickly :laughing:

Bryan might have been better off starting with some better research, but there's no need to get too high on the horse about it...

Vette Brakes and Products is one of the most popular performance part vendors for C3's, but there are several others that have good products.

One thing I'm curious about... why do you say the stock stamped arms are so bad for autocross? I can think of a helluva lot of other stuff I'd change on a stock C3 before spending the $$ on a set of tubular arms. :huh:

Welcome to DC, Bryan. Lets see some pics of your project :thumbsup:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh I agree with you that many other things would be changed out first: wheels, tires, spring, shocks, brakes...
Trailing arms would be far down the list.
The stock arms may not be crap but they flex just like pretty must all older model trailing arms. For drag racing purposes, after I swapped the rear arms out on my 67 Chevelle and 80 Malibu with a set of adjustable tube arms, ET's picked up and wheels hop went away.
New technology is a wonderful thing.

This car sat in a garage for about 21 years. Never started or moved. All rubber bushings and weatherstrip is dry rotted and cracked, mice had got to the inside and both bumpers were brittle to the touch. I'm replacing most everything. Living here in Colorado, we have plenty of twisty mountain roads and a road race course not far. Not looking to get into racing it full time but since I am basically building a new car I thought I would upgradesome of the weaker parts.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I have the VB&P performance plus kit on my car. Like all of the other suspension kits offered, they are generic, and will need some fine tuning to get the best handling out of them. For example: I found that in my performance plus kit, the supplied bilstiens were too stiff, the rear swaybar is too big (if its even necessary), and there are better upper control arms available. Each car and driver preference will be different, so if you are serious about handling, then you may find that you have to tweak or fine tune any suspension kit out there.
This is just a taste of all the detail in suspension mods there is about these cars.
take a couple hours and read up on all of the different kits.
I would start your search with VB&P, sharkbite, coilover, etc... that should keep you busy for a while.

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts

Wasn't looking for autocroos specific but just better than stock replacement parts.

Thanks
Sorry if you got upset but the title to this thread is "C3 suspension upgrades for autocross" I may be a little slow but to me that does say you are looking for upgrades for autocross.

I would think you owe some on an apolagee...:huh:

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Sorry if you got upset but the title to this thread is "C3 suspension upgrades for autocross" I may be a little slow but to me that does say you are looking for upgrades for autocross.

I would think you owe some on an apolagee...:huh:

:laughing:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts