Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the dash out of their 1975 vette? I took mine out and now have put it all back. Heres the problem, I have a wire harness that seems to be extra...... as i took it all out I labeled EVERY harness as I took them out, when I re assembled I found one that was not labeled and doesnt seem to have a place to go. It is behind the center gauge cluster and is in the wire bundle that houses all the wires for the gauges. the plastic clip part is black and the wires are brown-yellow-brown.

To top the project off I have found out that my tail lights dont work now either. I have break lights, blinkers, head lights, hazard lights but no tail lights or any marker lights.

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Do you have the 75 assembly instruction manual (AIM)? The AIM has diagrams of how the wiring harness routes to the center cluster and a pic of the various connectors to the gages.

Tail light problem sounds like a bad fuse.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks for the info, I do have a manual but with the amount of vette experts here I figured I would start here first. I did figure out the tail light issue. I forgot to add that I have checked all the fuses etc. Here was the problem: when I hooked up the light switch I had to do it blindly since the damn harnesses are so short, when I plugged it in I bent one of the prongs so it was sliding on the outside of the switch and not into the prong hole. I knew it had to be something easy so I started there. Thanks again for the info, I'll go check the manual.

If anyone else happens to know what that harness goes to please reply in case I am still looking. Thanks everyone!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts