Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I could obtain dimensioned drawings of the C3 Vette (1969 features preferably) that are drawn to an actual scale? Or is there any service that you all have heard of that has C3 drawings in CAD format or even stored as a PDF file that could be imported into CAD.

It would just be a nifty platform to sketch body mods onto an actual drawing that is dimensionally correct.

Thanks.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I don't know if anyone has digitized a C3 body, especially to full scale. This would be an expensive task. It's possible that someone has digitized a scaled down model.
The original data (done mostly manually) wouldn't be compatible with today's computers. :rolleyes:
You're right, it would be a nifty base to mod on.
I have seen some individual parts that have been modeled up on other forums, for suspension and misc items.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
there was a guy on the forum that had a 3d model of a c3, idk where its at, dig down about 1-3months ago in the forums :cheers:

·
Registered
301 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
PS Rod, most toy manufacturers digitize a car to make their scale models so I'm sure it has been done for a C3
I'm sure some of better product producers have done it. But I would think the data would become proprietary from there. As it would only feed their competition.
:cheers:

·
Banned
6,201 Posts
:cheers: If you can use Google Sketchup, you can download a free model of a stingray..

·
Registered
175 Posts
If you Google "Google SketchUp" you will see the website for it.
The pro version allows exporting to DXF or other formats.
The free version only has a couple options and they are limited.

When you install SketchUp, there will be a button that allows you to search for and download sketchUp models from other users.

I searched for 1969 Corvette and found a decent looking one.
I only have SketchUp to view files from one of my customers, so I really don't know if the model I found was to scale. I normally use AutoCad. It had been so long since I last used SketchUp, I was 2 versions behind.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
If you Google "Google SketchUp" you will see the website for it.
The pro version allows exporting to DXF or other formats.
The free version only has a couple options and they are limited.

When you install SketchUp, there will be a button that allows you to search for and download sketchUp models from other users.

I searched for 1969 Corvette and found a decent looking one.
I only have SketchUp to view files from one of my customers, so I really don't know if the model I found was to scale. I normally use AutoCad. It had been so long since I last used SketchUp, I was 2 versions behind.
:smack should have figured a program by google would have a search function lol:cheers:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts