Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
459 Posts
Our C3's were the fastest in their day. I believe some could beat a stock Z06 but I also believe it would take Z06 money in mods to do it. It's not only wieght but technology in particular suspensions, brakes, aero.

· Registered
459 Posts
A shot of my Greenwood 5 link set up. I have seen them available though I don't remember where, I do know a Dentist in New Mexico who bought one for his car last year if you want more info. I also have no comparison between it and the Guldstrand but the car stays very "flat" on curves. As said before Marck/TwinTurbo is probably the person to speak with for recommendations, he has a whole link set up for suspensions.

· Registered
459 Posts
Ya...what he said. I should have said a modified Greenwood 5 link. After crashing in 77 due to a rear suspension failure and a stuck throttle linkage, what was a 5 link was rebuilt to the current configuration by the engineer who built and raced the car.
Marck yours is a true double A arm, do you still consider the seperate lower arms on mine as a double? I probably need to call you sometime to get edumacated.
Thanks Marck.

· Registered
459 Posts
FYI, I understand that Pantera half shafts are very similar to mine.

· Registered
459 Posts
4takt...how functional is the radiator hood venting ala C6R's, it does not appear that it is "sealed" to move all radiator air over the rear of the hood. I have been wondering when someone would try that.....and how far back does your splitter extend?
By the way gorgeous car:thumbsup:

· Registered
459 Posts
I knew Steve Goldin's Greenwood Daytona (blue/green)was running an xtrctor type.
I don't think DeLorenzo's (green/green) originally ran that hood/extractor setup. It's running an aluminum Donovan BB now at Mike Mulcahy's.
Both great cars.

Don't hang me out on this one I'm working from memory. C6R at ALMS was running in the 1:15 to 1:18 range, a few of the C3's pictured so far are about as fast as you are going to find anywhere, they not going to get within 10 seconds of that time.

EDIT: ALMS MidOhio was running in the 1;15 TO 1:18 range,

· Registered
459 Posts

· Registered
459 Posts
Howard sometimes I swear you are looking for an arguement. I said DeLorenzo period. I intimated nothing but am simply identifying the car and trying to make it easy to differentiat the two green cars.
I have no doubt that no one on this board has near your racing knowledge or experience but you can be a bit gregarious. Good thing we love ya.

· Registered
459 Posts
Sorry don't know the weight. There is a car on ebay now "said" to be running a Gregg Picket widebody in Kevlar at 62 or 64 #, hard to believe. Redvette would know about the OwensCorning bodies.
The Greenwood bodies are lightweight fiberglass shells, front and rear clips, doors, etc. most from American Custom Industries.
This car comes in at 2564# with BB.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.