Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
9,336 Posts
what about ditching the chrome bumpers? We really need a detailed post about what you're running right now. What suspension mods, what spring rates, shocks, engine and trani mods, etc. That'll give these guys enough to make suggestions on what's holding you back. From what I've read so far you're already competing pretty damn well with close to stock suspension.

more info and pics!:partyon:

· Premium Member
9,336 Posts
I think most of the Greenwood parts can be made? There was a thread on cf :WTF about this in 2005. It is still there, but I am not sure if it's the real thing though?
check this thread out for 5-link setups:
http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76982&highlight=toe+change+rate

You're obviously putting the car through its paces with some intense driving, but I look at this pic and wonder how much that inside wheel camber is hurting your grip. I realize most of the weight is on that outside tire, but the patch on the inside seems smaller than it should be. How much initial camber do you have dialed in?

Like IMSA W said above, you've got to improve the suspension, brake, and aero technology. Sounds like you've got brakes and aero taken care of, now get that suspension up to date and go hunting for a GT3!

· Premium Member
9,336 Posts
hmm, I'm affraid this will end up in a huge hijack of this thread, but I've got a couple questions about your setup.

1. how do you adjust your alignment? There dont appear to be any sort of cam bolts, and you obviously can't turn those A-arms like you would a strut rod. Or is it a trade secret?

2. Without telescoping 1/2 shafts, did you just remove the c-clip?

looks like a helluva setup, and I'm sure you've thought it all through pretty carefully.

· Premium Member
9,336 Posts
It is more work (removing 2 bolts and supporting the weight of the car whilst pulling the arm down and rotating the 2 rod ends) but it does take less space.
gotcha, that's what I was wondering.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.