Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's always interesting to come across these while surfing.... lots of different "wagon" conversions out there.

But, I'll keep my opinions to myself!

·
Registered
71 Posts
You have to look at it in context. During the mid to late 70's sportwagons were the rage, much as SUV's are currently.

·
Extra Crispy
5,119 Posts
Ok, does anyone at there have one of these? Let us know what you were thinking.

·
DC Crew
3,482 Posts
It looks like they filled the side glass on the greenwood kit in. i think it would look better on a leter C3. 75 of later. well i kinda like it. Would never do it to mine but i have seen worse. Like that gold c4 that was posted the other day.

·
Registered
39 Posts
You probably know allready about this site, but in the case you don't here it is:

www.vettewagon.com/corvetteonly/corvetteonly.htm

They has lot of info about "Vette-wagons".
BTW: Greenwood conversion with side windows looks a lot better!

I've seen some pictures of C1 wagon called "Nomad". It looked like 53-55 corvette. Was it a prototype or some later homemade conversion?

Thanks, Martin427

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Martin427 said:
You probably know allready about this site, but in the case you don't here it is:

www.vettewagon.com/corvetteonly/corvetteonly.htm

They has lot of info about "Vette-wagons".
BTW: Greenwood conversion with side windows looks a lot better!

I've seen some pictures of C1 wagon called "Nomad". It looked like 53-55 corvette. Was it a prototype or some later homemade conversion?

Thanks, Martin427
It's the 1954 Corvette Nomad wagon. It was a prototype done by GM. They also did a Corvette Impala and a Corvette Corvair.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks Patrick, that's exactly the car I've mentioned.
Corvette Corvair is a prototype of C1 coupe, right? But I can't remember what's Corvette Impala.

When talking about Vette-wagons, I've seen 1967 Corvette wagon. I would like to post the photo but I don't know how to post picture from my hard disk. (if it's possible)

Martin427

·
Registered
39 Posts
To: Patrick.
I've been to that part of gallery allready. Lots of wonderfull ideas there. I like that red clay model of 68 corvette!!!

Talking about prototypes, I've seen pictures of Corvette Mantaray with something like two airbrakes, that were opened in the rear part of the car. Were they really created to help to cars stability (like that on the new Maclaren-Merceds SLR) or to made Mantaray even more "head turning" car?

Martin427

1 - 14 of 14 Posts