Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Either the tires don't have enough sidewall or the rims are to large a diameter....

I love the Torque Thrust II wheels... but is this pimpin?

·
Registered
80 Posts
I went with the 17" TT II's 'cause I wanted a little more meat on the rims. Those 18's don't look bad though. I saw one with 20" rims and that was just too much for my taste... I'm still waiting on the Edelbrock wheels to come in (replacing the TT II's 'cause of some problems). Here's a link to a pic.

www.ultrawheel.com/gallery_vehicle.cfm?id=6

O

·
0 Posts
That link doesn't seem to work. I'd be interested to see the wheels.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Onyx Black C4 said:
That link doesn't seem to work. I'd be interested to see the wheels.
Yeah, don't know wuts up. I checked the properties and it's got some other stuff coded in. Appears to be a local server path. Maybe Patrick will jump in and give us a clue...

·
Registered
21 Posts
ya my friend was thinking about getting these for his cutlass. but we saw a older oldsmobile at a show with these rims in the 17x8 fashion. they looked awsome till you got close to them there are mold lines on the back of the rim, and lots of "flash" metal that was not cleaned up. the rims were full of burrs and blemishs, not to mention crappy chroming job. if i was you id make sure you can return them before you get them. then again it could have been just this guys rims, y anever know. every edelbrcok part ive ordered has looked and worked perfect so ya never really know. but if they do turnout good take pics and post um.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Shark Bite said:

Either the tires don't have enough sidewall or the rims are to large a diameter....

I love the Torque Thrust II wheels... but is this pimpin?

I think their phat!! That's what I'm gonna put on my 76 this summer! :cool:

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
If I ever change wheels it will be the Torque Thrust . I had my first set in 1969:cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
6 Posts
biltogo said:
If I ever change wheels it will be the Torque Thrust . I had my first set in 1969:cheers: :cheers:
Speaking of 1969 and TT II's. I have a set on my 69. I went ahead with the 17's. It was easier for me to get tires and at the time I was told that was the biggest that they have seen some one put on a C-3. Since then I have only seen one that comes close, that is up close. That is a 81 with 18's on the back and 17's up front. It looks great, but I just like the clean simple look of mine. Of course I have dropped mine since this pic. I dropped 2in in the back and and about 1.5 up front.

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=525&si=&thumb=1&page=2&sort=1&perpage=9&papass=&ppuser=&stype=

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
clar2001 said:
ok heres a dumb question how do I get a pic uploaded on here ?
Click the above "Gallery" button from the top menu bar. Then click "upload photos" .... it's cake!

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
746 Posts
I like the wheels too and the only thing stopping me from going to 17 or 18 inch rims is the price of the tires I want to go with them. Besides the price of the rims each tire is $825 CDN. That is just too much over my existing 305 x15's that I got for $85 per tire.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts