Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone knew of any other wide body rear fenders for the C3 besides the Greenwood kits. I like the ZL-1/ L-88 fender flairs, but i was wondering if there was a complete fender that was widened and looked stock. No disrespect to the Greenwood kits. I like the look of the C2 that is shown in year one's latest magazine add. I like the look of the whole rear quarter being replaced. Year One Actually shows a quarter on their website, and i have heard of a few other manufactures, like showcars-bodyparts.com and others. i was wondering if anyone knew of other manufacturers right off the top of there head or had any pictures. The look of the blue and red C3 in these pictures is something close to what I am looking for. Any help

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
the red car has flares, the blue thunder racing corvette has custom quarters, don't think anyone sells those.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
I have an unusual set stored above my garage. I bought them off an old guy that had run a body shop. They are probably from the 70's from the look of them but still in perfect condition. They are patterned off the original fender but 2 or 3 " wider. I decided I liked the ZL1 flares better and went with them.

I'll drag them out and get a picture. It may take a day or so for the photo's to get approved.

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
Is it ME, or am I outta my tree....methinks there is a differance between later sharks and fender flares and early sharks....the later are wider...not so obvious....

looking around at dead stock chrome bumper cars they seem more narrow on the flare, and next to a later shark it seems wider on the flare....

anyone??:crazy: :WTF :lookinup: :cheers:

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Is it ME, or am I outta my tree....methinks there is a differance between later sharks and fender flares and early sharks....the later are wider...not so obvious....

looking around at dead stock chrome bumper cars they seem more narrow on the flare, and next to a later shark it seems wider on the flare....

anyone??:crazy: :WTF :lookinup: :cheers:
The later C3's had an integrated "mud flap" (for lack of a better expression).

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
I have an unusual set stored above my garage. I bought them off an old guy that had run a body shop. They are probably from the 70's from the look of them but still in perfect condition. They are patterned off the original fender but 2 or 3 " wider. I decided I liked the ZL1 flares better and went with them.

I'll drag them out and get a picture. It may take a day or so for the photo's to get approved.
I'm very interested in seeing those.

E-mail them to me. I'll post them faster.

[email protected]

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
The later C3's had an integrated "mud flap" (for lack of a better expression).

HUmm....don't recall looking there....was looking at the top of the wheel well...body angles, round out...etc....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Oh, I see the stand now. How unobservant of me. I guess if you were just jack up by the tire somehow the body would not be quite so level.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Is it just me or is there a problem with the blue car.... Not much clearance for suspension movement...

:lookinup: :crazy:

·
Registered
463 Posts
You probably have a couple dozen choices depending on how wide you want to go and weather you want to modify your fenders or replace them and what your hoping to do with the car. If you get a feel for what you want we should be able to direct you to a couple options.

And anything in between:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
I've got the L-88/ZL-1 flares. All I need to do is figure out what Rally Wheel/Tire combo I can use with stock t/a's. Been looking at 15/10/4.5 wheels, but then there's how wide of tire I can get. 295's don't make it.

Maybe some 16/10/4.5? That adds lots of wider tires.

What size stuff has that 68 car got under it??

And just for info, I've got N50/15's on the rear now, and they're INSIDE the fender lip by 4". 15/8/4.5 stock rally wheels with a 1/4 spacer to move them out a bit. The tires have been on there since 1975. No signs of rot, but I don't really trust 'em either.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the help guys. RTJ I would love to see pictures of those quarters that you have, if its not to much trouble. "73-84 IMSA W" as far as tire size goes I am looking to at least have 355's if not wider than that. I want a quarter that looks like it would have came on the car. Even if i have to get a set of flares and mold them onto an already widened fender to get the look i want that would be fine too. Im just not really sure of the of all the options that are out there. The Greenwood, and Aci widebodys and turbo bodys look good, but the rear of the fender i dont really like that much where it dosent mateup with rear tail light filler panel. I want something that flows with the lines of the car. I guess in laymens terms I like the coke bottle shape of the C3, i just want a wider coke bottle.

·
Registered
550 Posts

:laughing: :laughing: :rolling: :rolling: :partyon:

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Been looking at 15/10/4.5 wheels, but then there's how wide of tire I can get. 295's don't make it.
325-50-15 fits a 10x15 rim and should fill your fenders nicely... you can always add a 1" or 1 1/2" adpater to move the rim out further :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts