Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
I LOVE watching BIG IRON run, I could care less about some buzz bomb with 800cc's.......I wanna REAL car.....which unfortunately rules out NASCAR for ME anyway....boring....

Certain class of SCCA are fine, but others are not, IMO....

·
Registered
588 Posts
Locally here in Carson City Nevada, the have the Virginia City Hill climb Ferrari event. They allow a certain amount of invited friends with "other" cars.

I was able to do pretty good with my smaller motor. But now like you guys with the higher powered Vettes - traction on slow turns is a real problem:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
That's a cool video. Never heard "Fly in a fruit jar" I always used "Bumblebee in a milk bottle". And I agree with mrvette- the BIG IRON is where it's at. Nothing like the thump of a Chevy pulling hard. BB or SB.

:cheers:

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
yea,, when the body is off, it looks like yours, but, you've got alot more motor.

It would be cool to see your car run that hill!!!!

Maybe a sponor will pay the shipping cost to get your over here! thumbsup:

For me it would be cool to see my car run period :rolling:

Anyway. what's that event called? Sure looks like fun. There are no hillclimb events here...heck there aren't even any hills.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
I could watch that C3 toss the rear end out all day. Im with you guys about that go-kart. With that much wing, i could fly to the top faster than anyone could drive. :rolling:

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Now that is the kinda **** I would like to get into with my vette. I am sure there would be parts flyin; off on the way up, but dam that looks like fun. Too bad we have no hills in Chicago.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's the best corvette hillclimb footage ever shot!! the hair on my arms stood up watching that.:D

If there is anymore video"s would like to see them.

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
well, it's the fillipinetti L88 lemans car, the one that crashed bady. i think it's rebuilt to same specs w/ newpaint job.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Now that is the kinda **** I would like to get into with my vette. I am sure there would be parts flyin; off on the way up, but dam that looks like fun. Too bad we have no hills in Chicago.
HA! You have the excellent food, but I have the hills :laughing:

Only thing is the "hills" here are actually MOUNTAINS. If you slide off the shoulder, it's a LONG way down. Heck my driveway is steeper than the hill in that video :surprised

Dep

1 - 20 of 24 Posts