Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had an Alpine system installed. In the evening I tried to open the hood, and found that the carpet panel under the steering wheel was not re-installed properly.
The advice I need is this, after removing the panel, the wiring under the steering wheel looks like spaghetti. There is a small black box, which I assume is the box that controls the remote start etc. Do not have a clue on how to arrange the wiring. Can I do the work? Not to electrical friendly with vehicles.
Please, any help would be helpful

·
DC Crew
32,976 Posts
If you don't feel like your able to do it bring it back to who installed it and tell them that installation is unacceptable, and make him redo it.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Raidmagic,:agree:
Thanks, but the guy just did not install the carpet panel correctly.
I can take care of that.
The problem I have, is organizing all of the wiring behind the panel, and should the remote starter box be mounted, as opposed to just hanging there?

:crazy:

·
Registered
99 Posts
It won't hurt anything to let the box and wiring lay on top of the carpet panel.
You can also get under there with some tyraps, bundle and secure the box and extra wiring. I put the circuit board and relays for the door locks up there in my 92, just used some tyraps.

·
DC Crew
32,976 Posts
OK my bad I misunderstood your question. Just get some zipties and ziptie all the wires to each other and then to the box and that should hold everything tight together.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
I love zip ties. Maybe the best product ever invented. Right up there with duct tape.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts