Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I have a 1988 vette, and i want a ZR-1 Stlye kit, is there a place i can get one or something that looks like a ZR-1. or am i stuck with just getting the update bodykit?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would u have a direct link? as i have been seraching the website and cant find anything that looks like a zr1 thanks

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks alot :D :D :D :D

What do u guy think about them?

The only thing i dont like is the wing. i cant tell if it is connect to the back or if it is an extra part

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
same,

i live in australia, and this is my big problem, will the kit be easy to install? can i do it or should i get it pro done? thanks

p.s know a place where i can get BLACK zr-1 mags (i try ebay but the place that sells them doesnt ship to australia)

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
It depends on your skill set, they never fit perfectly without some adjusting, shaving and sanding. I would recommend have at least 2 people install...3 would be ideal as 2 holding each side and one attaching, the rear bolts are pretty high in the body...

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
Hmm... I do like some ground effects, and have seen some side-panels that I like.

I just really don't like what is in that picture....

I like this.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Patrick96LT4, how come u dont like the kit? the pic u posted i dont really like the wing part at the back isnt very nice :huh:

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
Soulja_350 said:
Patrick96LT4, how come u dont like the kit? the pic u posted i dont really like the wing part at the back isnt very nice :huh:
Just personal preference, really. I think it looks like big chunks of plastic bolted to the car. It doesn't appear to flow nicely to compliment the sexy lines of your car.

I hope I don't sound too "over the top"... for some reason I just really don't like that kit. Sorry! (Don't be mad)

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
84vetteboy said:
Patrick,
Where is that body kit from??? I like it.

Chris
That is a Shinoda-Mears body kit. It is very rare to see a Corvette with this kit, as it's no longer made, but I like it as much as the Callaway Aerobody kit.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Patrick96LT4 said:
Just personal preference, really. I think it looks like big chunks of plastic bolted to the car. It doesn't appear to flow nicely to compliment the sexy lines of your car.

I hope I don't sound too "over the top"... for some reason I just really don't like that kit. Sorry! (Don't be mad)
I understand what you are saying, the wing just doesnt look right on the zr-1 lookalike kit, thats why i will be buying it without it.

By the way installing the kit what tools will i need and if i have around 3 people will it take me long?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts