Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
43,099 Posts
Welcome to DC/ My only suggestion would be if you are not well versed on carbs make sure you know someone who is so you can get the best performance out of it. Personmally there is a bunch I have forgotten about them but probably remember enough to get by. After several years of tutoring by my dad (he was a crew chief for a race car team) I rebuilt and tuned my first carb by myself when I was 12yo. 12 year olds now-a-days can't put air in tires

Reactions: HN376RAR

·
Registered
186 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I would say a cal induction hood because of how close everything is. Would try to fine someone drag racing a C4 and get pointers from them.
Personally I haven’t messed with carburetors sense I sold my 85 ranger. Know how to rebuild them and kinda know how to set them up but like torch that was in my youth.
My dad drag raced way back in the day when flat heads were the rage and overhead valves were new to the scene. He quit because his pockets weren’t deep enough. Taught me what he knew and that went a long way.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Greetings,

I know how to repair them and put them up, but they're nothing like the torch I used to have in my childhood.
When flat heads were the rage and overhead valves were new to the scene, my father drag raced. turkish citizenship

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
43,099 Posts
When flat heads were the rage and overhead valves were new to the scene, my father drag raced.
I you want to talk flatheads we can do that. The first car I drag raced was a flathead. Very familiar with them still

1 - 9 of 9 Posts